Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
With tomorrow's friendly being behind closed doors and Portsmouth under strict instruction not to divulge either the result or the team lineups, is there a chance we might be trialling a potential signing?

You mean try before you buy?

When does that ever happen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Your maths, or your assessments are way off.

Uwe - great bloke but never held down a first team place.
Suttner - barely played a game, before vanishing for a year, then getting farmed out on loan.
Balogun - A defensive liability, IMO.
Groß - a success

So 1 in 4 then. 2 in 4 if we're fair to Uwe and only judge him as the Championship reserve he was signed as.

I'd forgotten Balogun. You've forgotten Bernardo.

They Huneymonster was quality in the league below. If we'd not have assembled the best back two in the division, he'd have played every game I'd argue.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
36 days left to sign a first choice right-back, a first choice central midfielder and a first choice striker.

And to get rid of all the dross.

Now only 17 days left to do the above.
May also need to add a winger.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Not even a sniff of a rumour, quite unbelievable really especially after last seasons scare. All we have achieved so far is to weaken the squad with AK’s departure. Trossard is in and if he takes a season to adapt we really are up shit creek.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Not even a sniff of a rumour, quite unbelievable really especially after last seasons scare. All we have achieved so far is to weaken the squad with AK’s departure. Trossard is in and if he takes a season to adapt we really are up shit creek.

Every day hope to see something happen/a link to a player....maybe today will see some movement? Tick tock

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Quoted from a different account..... Ok. No worries.

I am BW and BW2. Problem with account setup on phone.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton

No doubt the club have everything under control. A few last minute signings should help to ease the nerves although any new players won't have much if any time to bed-in. Tis the Brighton way of doing things I'm afraid. No choice but to put up with it at the end of the day.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Maupay please. At least some kind of movement on urgent needs, RB ST.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
No doubt the club have everything under control. A few last minute signings should help to ease the nerves although any new players won't have much if any time to bed-in. Tis the Brighton way of doing things I'm afraid.

Also the wrong way of doing things for the reason you give. They need to get a wiggle on now.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Also the wrong way of doing things for the reason you give. They need to get a wiggle on now.

Agreed but perhaps they're trying to keep the wage bill as low as possible; and signing players at the eleventh hour will help with this. We have a financially prudent club - just not a particularly entertaining one .... at the moment anyway.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Was always going to be slow Potter would want to look at what he's got before deciding what he needs, that period should be over now though imo, so hopefully moves are being made for at least a right back and an attacking player.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Was always going to be slow Potter would want to look at what he's got before deciding what he needs, that period should be over now though imo, so hopefully moves are being made for at least a right back and an attacking player.

So despite the fans knowing, the club knowing and anybody who had watched us for more than 5mins last season knowing, Potter needed 4 precious weeks of the transfer window to come to the same conclusion?

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
So despite the fans knowing, the club knowing and anybody who had watched us for more than 5mins last season knowing, Potter needed 4 precious weeks of the transfer window to come to the same conclusion?
Surely the release list was settled before CH went and with the expert help of Ashworth squad weakness had been identified by him, as it was stated prior to CH going he was to head up recruitment this summer. So I agree with you that would have been 4 weeks wasted

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

Maybe we are waiting to see who leaves, and how much extra we have in the kitty? It could determine the quality we can afford.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain

Yes of course he does, it doesn't matter one iota what the fans know, none of us stand to lose our job if it all goes wrong.

How do you know, hypothetically speaking that Ashworth or anyone else wasn't saying "we need a right back but, maybe Max Sanders could play there, he's done it in training and looked good". So Potter waits to have a look, maybe even agrees, then try's him in a couple of friendlies and thinks nah, we definitely do need to buy a right back. You dont, none of us do.

But he would be extremely foolish not to make his own mind up and instead listen to a load of precious gobshites on a message board.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here