Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Don’t get me wrong, I was delighted when we signed him, but so far Palace game aside he has been disappointing.

He has looked void of any touch and has a little bit of stupidity in him. The same sort Knockaert gets crucified for. (See WBA away).

Hasnt he played a significant number of games or is it my memory?

Probably like AJ needs a proper pre-season, and dare I say may need to play in a two, with our number one striker [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Only 8 league starts.
First appearance in November.
First start not till Dec.
Scored in that game.
Dropped.
Scored in the next game (palace)
Started the next.
Dropped

6 further league starts and and a few 20 minute cameos (word up).

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
can you play le....., oh, i can't be bothered
[emoji38]

I was a vaguely passable goalkeeper at school - as per the rules of school football, I was tallest so was put in goal.

That's about it though.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Ayoze Perez to Leicester for £16m? (Or £30m), it doesn't just rain in Newcastle does it, it's absolutely pouring!

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
[emoji38]

I was a vaguely passable goalkeeper at school - as per the rules of school football, I was tallest so was put in goal.

That's about it though.

so not in a two up top then? the recruitment team will have resume their serch then, i guess.
you've not just let the albion down...

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I disagree with the touch comment. His initial hold up play is decent but he frequently had no choice but to take the ball on the turn and try to run defenders. I think he would benefit from a more mobile number 10 giving him a quicker alternative.

It bounced off him quite a few times, so we’ll have to agree to disagree [emoji2]
But, yes, good point earlier definitely help him, as he looks like he could ‘roll’ defenders given the opportunity.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It bounced off him quite a few times, so we’ll have to agree to disagree [emoji2]
But, yes, good point earlier definitely help him, as he looks like he could ‘roll’ defenders given the opportunity.

then run away from them - mercy me!

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Don’t get me wrong, I was delighted when we signed him, but so far Palace game aside he has been disappointing.

He has looked void of any touch and has a little bit of stupidity in him. The same sort Knockaert gets crucified for. (See WBA away).

Hasnt he played a significant number of games or is it my memory?

Probably like AJ needs a proper pre-season, and dare I say may need to play in a two, with our number one striker [emoji6]

I still have hope for Andone. The way we set up last year seemed not to suit him. Too often he was asked to play like Murray, but he isn't that kind of hold up player. As the season went on he just looked frustrated.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I still have hope for Andone. The way we set up last year seemed not to suit him. Too often he was asked to play like Murray, but he isn't that kind of hold up player. As the season went on he just looked frustrated.

But hide that well...

...oh :lol:

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8973954 said:
Only 8 were starts though. You're clueless if you think he's a bad player. The setup of the team last year was absolutely not built to his strengths.

Can I suggest you try reading posts before steaming in? My entire argument was that he is a better player than he has shown but if he was sold now his record would mean there wouldn't be a lot of takers. I think he is capable of far far better in the right set up. That is a criticism of CH but it is as much a criticism of the options that were open to him last season.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
36 days left to sign a first choice right-back, a first choice central midfielder and a first choice striker.

And to get rid of all the dross.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I doubt anyone will sing before we get back from Austria, but 1 more in before Crawley would be great.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
36 days left to sign a first choice right-back, a first choice central midfielder and a first choice striker.

And to get rid of all the dross.

Agree with this. A new midfielder and striker are key. Right back could be a loan or an U23

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
no need to wait for any specified time, surely transfers will happen whenever....(sooner the better for pre season....I'm sure things will ramp up very soon)
I suppose Potter could sneak into RB Salzberg v Feyenoord on the Friday night to check out Dominik Szoboszlai, but I just reckon the Austria trip is more about the players we have.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here