Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Without wanting to get sucked into this, I always thought the term 'licker' came from the term 'window licker' describing someone with learning disabilities who travels on designated buses and was stereotyped as licking the inside of the bus window.
If this is how seagull_special also interprets the term I think he has every right as pointing out that it's an unacceptable comment.

Again, I genuinely apologise for offence, but a licker in this context is a club (ar$e) licker... nothing else... I really am not the person some are portraying here... happy to take flak on my recruitment views and will give as good as I get, but to say I am akin to a racist or homophobe is well wide of the mark...

Stumpy Tim

True... I wish we had the players to play it .. sadly we don’t

I do see your point in relation to the team sheet, but I doubt Pottet sat down with the people responsible and explained the formation. Under Hughton it was obvious who would play where, but this regime will be very different.

I definitely disagree on the players. I think our players are actually better suited to this

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I do see your point in relation to the team sheet, but I doubt Pottet sat down with the people responsible and explained the formation. Under Hughton it was obvious who would play where, but this regime will be very different.

I definitely disagree on the players. I think our players are actually better suited to this

Montoya isn’t !!

He doesn’t have the discipline required .... IF we sign a right back who is suitable then it’s a possibility but right now it doesn’t sit well with the personnel we have.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Montoya isn’t !!

He doesn’t have the discipline required .... IF we sign a right back who is suitable then it’s a possibility but right now it doesn’t sit well with the personnel we have.

It’s why he’s better suited at right wing back. He doesn’t need to be quite as disciplined.

I can’t think of a formation which suits us better than this one.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
It’s why he’s better suited at right wing back. He doesn’t need to be quite as disciplined.

I can’t think of a formation which suits us better than this one.

But he needs to be good going forward !! Montoya isn’t ... he isn’t great at crossing, he isn’t able to go past players ... he isn’t a goal threat

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
But he needs to be good going forward !! Montoya isn’t ... he isn’t great at crossing, he isn’t able to go past players ... he isn’t a goal threat

Which are all very different things to discipline. You’ve also picked one specific player it may not suit better than 4-4-2. instead of the squad.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Which are all very different things to discipline. You’ve also picked one specific player it may not suit better than 4-4-2. instead of the squad.

Yes because my point was that we need to sign someone for that position. It probably does suit as better as a squad but we still need someone capable in every position.

Plus you DO need discipline as a wingback... you have to get back and defend and track back

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Yes because my point was that we need to sign someone for that position. It probably does suit as better as a squad but we still need someone capable in every position.

Plus you DO need discipline as a wingback... you have to get back and defend and track back

Who else doesn’t suit 3-5-2? Montoya arguably won’t be playing there in our current squad anyway. Bernardo is nailed on for LWB and as March usually plays on the right he probably will be there instead of Montoya.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Who else doesn’t suit 3-5-2? Montoya arguably won’t be playing there in our current squad anyway. Bernardo is nailed on for LWB and as March usually plays on the right he probably will be there instead of Montoya.

March plays on the left normally ... I didn’t say it didn’t suit anyone else did I

The only other player I think that needs to be replaced is Stephens but that’s nothing to do with the formation and more him fitting into the style of how we play

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
March plays on the left normally ... I didn’t say it didn’t suit anyone else did I

The only other player I think that needs to be replaced is Stephens but that’s nothing to do with the formation and more him fitting into the style of how we play

Silly played about 50/50 between left and right last season (https://www.whoscored.com/Players/122926/Show/Solly-March) - for some reason I remembered him more on the right.

You said we didn’t have the players for it - Not sure how not having the players for it can be interpreted by anything other than the majority of the squad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here