Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Really don`t get why we signed Clarke if we are going to loan him straight out again, especially if Potter does like to play with 3 centre halves, get rid of Balogun.

Nor do I. We need Premier League experience and we need it soon.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Really don`t get why we signed Clarke if we are going to loan him straight out again, especially if Potter does like to play with 3 centre halves, get rid of Balogun.

Would you rather buy him now for £3/4m when he hasn’t shone in the Championship or wait a season and see his price become £20-25m? No brainer if your recruitment team are on the ball.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
And that he it towing the party line on Dunk as he is clearly gone if the Maguire deal goes through. Has Dunk been made captain yet BTW?

Hmmm... what makes you so sure Dunky is clearly gone if Maguire goes. Personally I think not, and all indications are the opposite of clearly gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Because we work in the medium and long term as well as in the short term.

How great was it to have Băluţă and Alzate arrive on the scene after signing them in forgotten previous windows ?

Next summer we'll get 'new signing' Clarke for free. I look forward to it.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Hmmm... what makes you so sure Dunky is clearly gone if Maguire goes. Personally I think not, and all indications are the opposite of clearly gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s the fact that we appear to be spunking £25m on a Championship centre back, even Villa have been frightened off by that astonishing price tag. I believe that having ‘Dunk Money’ is the only way that would see us bid that sort of scary wad for a player who might not make it in the Premier League.

The Leicester Mercury agree:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/...ry-maguire-transfer-manchester-united-3153589

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde

Perhaps Potter/Ashworth feel that a season in the championship will benefit him more than sitting on the bench.

Balogun will still go IMO. We will be well covered at CB with Dunk, Duffy, Webster, Burn, Bernardo and Baluta.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
It’s the fact that we appear to be spunking £25m on a Championship centre back, even Villa have been frightened off by that astonishing price tag. I believe that having ‘Dunk Money’ is the only way that would see us bid that sort of scary wad for a player who might not make it in the Premier League.

The Leicester Mercury agree:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/...ry-maguire-transfer-manchester-united-3153589

If we are to base our transfer budget on previous years, we are still circa 40-45M short.

This deal + the Moroccan striker and we'll reach parity, with perhaps a free/loan/cheap option for RB/RWB. Or we could just spend more, as we have been seeing 10-20M in profits.

We absolutely do not need to sell to buy in any capacity whatsoever.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
If we are to base our transfer budget on previous years, we are still circa 40-45M short.

This deal + the Moroccan striker and we'll reach parity, with perhaps a free/loan/cheap option for RB/RWB. Or we could just spend more, as we have been seeing 10-20M in profits.

We absolutely do not need to sell to buy in any capacity whatsoever.

That is exactly what PB has said, "No need to sell to Buy"

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Dear Tony

I'm bored. Please splash something like 15 to 25 million pounds on a player (not a defender) to brighten my day.

Many thanks
Trig

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Any reply yet Trig?
Only yours. He may not have seen my post straight away, and then I guess it'll take him a bit of time to pick a player, get hold of their current club and make a deal, then sort out personal terms with the player. I'd like to see progress be teatime though.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Only yours. He may not have seen my post straight away, and then I guess it'll take him a bit of time to pick a player, get hold of their current club and make a deal, then sort out personal terms with the player. I'd like to see progress be teatime though.

Well you would have thought he would at least reply and say that he was on to it.

Honestly some people are just so rooood.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here