Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Grandmaster Flash tonight in Worthing

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Anyone else go? Jesus wept, all my dreams shattered - 20 quid for a wedding DJ.

You don't expect one of the pioneers of hip-hop to play UB40 'Red Red Wine' and then get a sing a long to Tom's Diner and then Soul 2 Soul followed by a sing a long to the effing Fugees.

And his mixing skills...he's had 40 years to hone his skills, I expected something better than wacka wacka wacka.

Bloody hell, that was gut-wrenchingly bad. I'm a Brighton fan so I'm used to mediocrity and I find my solace in music. Tonight was the equivalent of that first game under Russell Slade when we lost badly to sodding Orient. F**k sake.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Don't push me 'cause I'm close to the edge

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
My brother's just texted me. He's mixing Staying Alive with Kiss Kross 'Jump Around' (or whatever it's called). My brother has also left....

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
My brother's just texted me. He's mixing Staying Alive with Kiss Kross 'Jump Around' (or whatever it's called). My brother has also left....
its like a jungle sometimes......

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
"Grandmaster Flash tonight in Worthing"

I think that sentence alone should have told you all you wanted to know ... :)

I hate it when illusions are shattered. I remember trembling anticipation with the thought of seeing George Clinton, dreaming of those wonderful Parliament/Funkadelic moments and witnessing a shambolic,out-of-it-figure barely able to play a note ... or indeed construct a meaningful sentence

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I hate it when illusions are shattered. I remember trembling anticipation with the thought of seeing George Clinton, dreaming of those wonderful Parliament/Funkadelic moments and witnessing a shambolic,out-of-it-figure barely able to play a note ... or indeed construct a meaningful sentence

I remember seeing Stiff Little Fingers for the first time. They opened up in the dark, playing the opening bars to Alternative Ulster at half the speed....the lights came on when the song kicks in and the singer was in a black shirt and pegged trousers.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It makes me wonder how I keep from going under

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Wow what a come down..

I saw him DJ in Pacha in Ibiza (larger upstairs side room) around 2002 and thought he smashed it.

He did play David Bowie 'Lets dance' which i have to say i rather liked at the time..

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

You do Worthing a disservice, you cheeky scamp! Seriously, the venue at Worthing Pavilion is superb and the promoters, Atom, deserve many plaudits for organising events like these - the Charlatans gig recently was phenomenal, a complete success. I'm just very miffed at this lowest common denominator rubbish that Flash played last night.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
This story reminds me of a mate of mine who was a compare type and introduced Womack and Womack many moons ago.

They were by all accounts dreadful and even bought their kids on stage as something to do and did the bare minimum for their money. As their set ended, he went back on stage and said ‘Ladies and Gentlemen, That was Woeful and Woeful’. He had to make a quick exit as the big black bloke tried to get back on and punch his lights out.

Admittedly, I wouldn’t have had great expectations of Womack and Womack but it is amazing how bad some of the circuit is. I’ve seen better pub singers than when I got dragged along to Edwin Star in the 90’s. Truly awful.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
He's changed his name to ' Grandfather Flash ' and is now moving to Worthing after spotting a rather nice retirement home on the coast :moo:

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I saw Grandmaster Flash and the. Furious Five at some venue (The Venue?) in Victoria in the 80 s. They were brilliant, theatrical and electric.

Shame it's come to this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here