Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is the best Fitbit to buy?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
There seems to be a lot of choice, so advice please.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Me to, interested in the one currently advertised on tele. Not sure how accurate the heart rate is though and whether it gives you any useful info (the reviews I read have not been glowing)

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
I've got the flex one - find it useful to track how much I move each day and it does help. Lost about 8 kilos in 3 months just by making sure I did over the 10k steps and it encouraged me to get to the gym. I let it slip a month a go after Easter and it's surprising how quickly my weight started to go up and so using it properly made me get back and it's coming back down again. I've tried jawbone it was crap lasted about two weeks. Also tried another one whose name escapes me but that broke after about 2 months

Bones

Oct 25, 2006
Portslade
I just got the Charge HR today. Seems a good bit of kit so far. Heart rate monitor seems fairly accurate. Most my exercise is on a bike which it doesnt automtically track, but you can input it manually or link it up to the map my ride app and it syncs with fitbit. Fitbit app is smart and syncs well with the Charge HR. Im going to try the sleep monitor tonight and see what this does. Will report back more in a few days.

Bones

Oct 25, 2006
Portslade
Also add I got skinny wrists but went for the large size. When exercising they recommend moving it up your lower arm a bit to get more accurate heart rate.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I also have the Flex and can't see any need for anything more intense than this, and if you do then I recommend just going full smart watch. It's a decent bit of kit and the app is fantastic, it's really interesting. I got one before it was cool here because my american mrs got me one over there and it's absolutely mental there, everyone has one. I reckon you should get the flex, just because I feel the heart rate stuff is just a gimmick.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I also have the Flex and can't see any need for anything more intense than this, and if you do then I recommend just going full smart watch. It's a decent bit of kit and the app is fantastic, it's really interesting. I got one before it was cool here because my american mrs got me one over there and it's absolutely mental there, everyone has one. I reckon you should get the flex, just because I feel the heart rate stuff is just a gimmick.

Personally, the heart rate monitor is the most important part of a smart watch/band for me as it (fairly) accurately monitors real calories burnt based on height/weight etc.
If I go on a 45 minute run, it'll accurately tell me how many calories I've burnt rather than an approximate guess that the non HR bands offer.

Plus it'll tell me how much I've burnt during my gym classes which other bands won't do.

Each to their own though, depends what you're using it for.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Is the HR the same as the Charge?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
There is the 'Charge' and the 'Charge HR'.
The Charge HR being the next model up (HR standing for Heart Rate, in case that wasn't picked up!).

Edit: Charge = £70.00
Charge HR = £100.00

Ah okay understood. For the extra £30 it seems worthwhile to get the heart monitor as well then.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
What the funk is a fitbit?

ua.jpg

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Ah okay understood. For the extra £30 it seems worthwhile to get the heart monitor as well then.

It depends if you'd get the use out of the HRM.

I would, as I do a lot of indoor classes so the steps monitor won't really do much for me in that instance.
I also play a lot of football so it'll accurately tell me how many calories I've burnt in a match and at which points I was at my highest HR etc.

I don't know if the Charge HR is the best band on the market, I'm still looking for a better alternative if there is one, hence why I haven't jumped yet.

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
I've had a Fitbit One for a couple of years, I use it every day to try and make myself walk 10k steps. Just wanted to say that Fitbit customer service is excellent, they respond quickly to any queries and a few months ago sent me out a new holder for my Fitbit free of charge by next day delivery. The stats you can get on the website from the info you sync is good too, I'm sure it must be even better with the heart rate info.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here