Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What makes a good football kit?

May 14, 2015
With the season of new kits being announced underway, i was discussing with my mates what actually makes a nice kit. I was quite passionately in favor of a classic simple shirt with no sponsor(Although understandably not possible in todays money controlled football). my friend was very much in favor of the new designs where they are trying to fit as much colors which are not related to the club at all on. what in your opinion actually makes a nice kit?

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I always seem to take a while to get used to a kit change. So not sure I am best placed to judge. I will say I still hate that shoddy Nike kit from last season.

Nike and Sky Bet can both do one, cheap rubbish.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
1. Simplicity
2. Elegance.

Both personified in the inter kit from this season

inter_milan_home_shirt_kit_2014_15_nike.png

SteveTheSeagull

I AM A CRIPPLED ALICE FAN
Feb 14, 2015
1. Simplicity
2. Elegance.

Both personified in the inter kit from this season

inter_milan_home_shirt_kit_2014_15_nike.png

Thing with these type of kits if you've either got to be quite skinny or quite muscular. A fat fan like myself wouldn't be seen dead in something like this as it's not designed for peole with my body type lol

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Thing with these type of kits if you've either got to be quite skinny or quite muscular. A fat fan like myself wouldn't be seen dead in something like this as it's not designed for peole with my body type lol
Or more depressingly you need to buy an XXXL when you're only actually an M or an L

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Absolute perfection for me right here. Wish the club would stop dicking around with what was never broken in the first place.

blackpool_wardrun.jpg

(I would concede to a sponsor across the front as that is unavoidable in modern football, but other than that don't try to improve a classic).

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
Absolute perfection for me right here. Wish the club would stop dicking around with what was never broken in the first place.

View attachment 66112

(I would concede to a sponsor across the front as that is unavoidable in modern football, but other than that don't try to improve a classic).

I'm sure that Nike could do this and swap the bukta sleeve design for a row of swoosh's. It would actually be perfect with the white square and a red number on the back.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I'm sure that Nike could do this and swap the bukta sleeve design for a row of swoosh's. It would actually be perfect with the white square and a red number on the back.

So long as they use modern fabrics. (I had a replica Bukta kit as a schoolboy and it was woven from something akin to old sacking and a scouring pad. My nipples used to bleed just jogging from the changing rooms to the centre circle...)

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
What makes a good kit? Simple, go to a smaller manufacturer who really wants your business and get them to design something for you. Trouble is, the big boys want it all, and chuck serious money at clubs which in turn will put the smaller firms in a difficult predicament. .

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Anything but the tat that Nike dumped on us last year with it's tacky plastic strip stuck on for the sponsors. I won't buy anything by Nike till they do a better job and show they can do quality, not just quantity.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here