Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your favourite part of London ?

nickrhodes

May 1, 2015
Mine is Chelsea, where I live.

Totally unconnected I know but apologies there are no vip packages for Brighton centre.

Paper gods..............

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
The A23 on the way home

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I used to live in Camden during the early 90s and loved it for the nightlife, venues, and scenes. However that has all changed with time and it does not seem the same anymore. Maybe I am just getting old, but the character seems to have been lost.

Camden still gets my vote, the rest of London is meh..... Shoreditch and Islington is full of poser hipsters, Chelsea & Kensington is full of posh snobs and Russian Gangsters. The Rest is a hell hole.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Commuted there for 10 years - always got the earliest train home possible.
Never stayed up there long enough to really get to know the place.

Used to love getting lunch at Chapel market in Islington when I worked at RBS next door to Angel tube station but I still have bad dreams about the Northern Line.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Ham Yard.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Just south of Hooley, where the road widens to 5 or 6 lanes, I always take one of the three on the right, southbound!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Lived in Balham/Tooting area for 20 years and loved it there (although Balham got a bit up itself). Tooting always delivered though - fantastic Asian restaurants, a wonderful Lido in the summer and some decent pubs. I could get back from Withdean in under 90 minutes too

Stumpy Tim

So many places in London I love. I always enjoy Hyde Park, Borough Markets, Thames Path. Walking down the Mall is nice - I saw the queen there in her car playing with her smartphone a few months ago. My personal favourite place is the Royal Albert Hall though.

The history, the architecture, the London vibe makes London one of the world's great cities. It's a shame some people don't appreciate it over here.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Anywhere that is nowhere near my N17 office - the area is a shithole.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I have rediscovered my affection for the place after many years of loathing the sight of it.

I am sure that this is completely due to the fact that I no longer have to commute to work there!

As long as you have the time and money to just wander about and do what you want there cannot be any place on Earth with as much to amuse/fascinate/horrify you as London. (I think I have just paraphrased Dr Johnston).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here