Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cody McDonald?

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh
According to Wikipedia he's 29, 5ft10in, and has scored 33 in 87 since joining Gillingham permanently in 2013 from Coventry.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Bloody Hell, we are really going down the pan if this is the calibre of player we are looking at. That's one step down on O'Grady and Baldock last year. And people are complaining about us trying to get Zamora back.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Any chance he can change his surname to McDougald?

I didn't think we needed any strikers with Lord Bobby of Zamorashire returning to play a full season and turn us back into a play off team.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bloody Hell, we are really going down the pan if this is the calibre of player we are looking at. That's one step down on O'Grady and Baldock last year. And people are complaining about us trying to get Zamora back.
My concern over Zamora's return is only financial.

Let's say this lie were to be true, and the lad Cody is all the club can afford after paying Bobby a competitive wage.
I'm asking is the Bobby deal actually good value?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Sounds like a back up/squad player type signing, if true.

We will need 4-5 attackers in the squad, and if COG and Colunga both leave, we currently only have one: Baldock.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
My concern over Zamora's return is only financial.

Let's say this lie were to be true, and the lad Cody is all the club can afford after paying Bobby a competitive wage.
I'm asking is the Bobby deal actually good value?

I understand what you are saying and there is an element of risk with Bobby coming back. However, he will put a few more bums on seats and I think Baldock or even Colunga playing off him, as Austin did at QPR, would be an interesting combination. I just hope if we sign him, we dont try playing him up front on his own. If we are going to do that then it will be a waste of money.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I understand what you are saying and there is an element of risk with Bobby coming back. However, he will put a few more bums on seats and I think Baldock or even Colunga playing off him, as Austin did at QPR, would be an interesting combination. I just hope if we sign him, we dont try playing him up front on his own. If we are going to do that then it will be a waste of money.

Completely agree with this. Would be delighted to sign Bobby again if he's not the main striker signing this summer. If bought in as a second striker to work alongside a goalscorer (with less pressure to play every game), Zamora could be superb but he's not the answer to our goalscoring problems on his own. He's not been that sort of striker since he left us.

Having said that, I still think he'd score more than last season's strikers put together.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I presume 29 is too old for the development squad. I also presume this is BS as if this is the sort of signing we are going to make we might as well move back to Withdean.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here