Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
It's in Switzerland

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Very nice city. Went there to visit CERN for my brother's birthday, and it's a beautiful place. Exepensive, yes, but we stayed in a hostel that was very reasonably priced (when booked online well in advance). The city is lovely, clean, there's bits to do and things to see around the lake, and the transport is efficient and reliable. Wouldn't recommend for more than a long weekend break though, due to costs and lack of activities to pass huge amounts of time. Pleasant, just...yeah, nice and pleasant.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Possibly the dullest city on earth, makes Copenhagen look like Vegas.

This

Remortgage your house if you are planning on buying a snack in the airport.

And this (and pretty much anywhere else)

Very nice city. Went there to visit CERN for my brother's birthday, and it's a beautiful place. Exepensive, yes, but we stayed in a hostel that was very reasonably priced (when booked online well in advance). The city is lovely, clean, there's bits to do and things to see around the lake, and the transport is efficient and reliable. Wouldn't recommend for more than a long weekend break though, due to costs and lack of activities to pass huge amounts of time. Pleasant, just...yeah, nice and pleasant.

And this

If you need any groceries, buy them during the day as nothing is open after 7pm. Hotels (and most other things) are stupidly expensive. Can't really imagine a football crowd in Geneva TBH. ALL the trains and trams and buses will be on time though :thumbsup:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Can't really imagine a football crowd in Geneva

I've been to a game in Geneva. I saw them beat Lausanne 6-3 in an extraordinary game: it was 2-2 after nine minutes, 5-3 at HT. I remember sitting at the back of the stand right in front of the bar, I could buy a beer without leaving my seat. There was a family in front of me with a young kid who was very excited, his dad kept telling him that it wouldn't be like this every game. Indeed it wasn't: I checked the next game and it was 0-0 draw.

IIRC it wasn't a bad crowd but pretty quiet

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Tweeted the club in the week asking and was IGNORED, ignorant F**KWITS. People want to know as it is only 4 weeks away so they can plan if they want to go

Ernest has a twitter account? :ohmy:

I am genuinely SHOCKED by that LITTLE titbit from NSC's own STICK in the MUD.

Albion Rob

I've been to a game in Geneva. I saw them beat Lausanne 6-3 in an extraordinary game: it was 2-2 after nine minutes, 5-3 at HT. I remember sitting at the back of the stand right in front of the bar, I could buy a beer without leaving my seat. There was a family in front of me with a young kid who was very excited, his dad kept telling him that it wouldn't be like this every game. Indeed it wasn't: I checked the next game and it was 0-0 draw.

IIRC it wasn't a bad crowd but pretty quiet

Would that have been at the old ground (in the Charmilles neighbourhood) or the new stadium (next to a shopping centre, out of town)? I take my little girl to most Servette home matches and she loves it - regards herself as a Servette fan. They only get small crowds these days unfortunately. About 3.500 rattling around in a 30,000 seat stadium - they do their best with the atmosphere but with one end empty and three sides sparsely filled there's not much hope.

Not sure where the game will be played - possibly not at the Stade de Geneve, maybe at Carouge Etoile's ground instead (sub-Conference South standard).

As for Geneva itself - it's a nice place to live but maybe not to visit for more than a couple of days. We love it here because it's easy to get around (inside and outside the city) we've learned to ski (well,my wife and kids have) and there's always good local stuff going on (which probably isn't that interesting if you're a tourist).

And yes, it is amazingly expensive.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Would that have been at the old ground (in the Charmilles neighbourhood) or the new stadium (next to a shopping centre, out of town)? I take my little girl to most Servette home matches and she loves it - regards herself as a Servette fan. They only get small crowds these days unfortunately. About 3.500 rattling around in a 30,000 seat stadium - they do their best with the atmosphere but with one end empty and three sides sparsely filled there's not much hope.

Not sure where the game will be played - possibly not at the Stade de Geneve, maybe at Carouge Etoile's ground instead (sub-Conference South standard).

As for Geneva itself - it's a nice place to live but maybe not to visit for more than a couple of days. We love it here because it's easy to get around (inside and outside the city) we've learned to ski (well,my wife and kids have) and there's always good local stuff going on (which probably isn't that interesting if you're a tourist).

Thank you for the travelogue but has anyone got any ACTUAL details of the match ?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I've just followed @Enrest, that makes 3 followers. Could do with a picture of his ARS. That would encourage followers.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

My bet is Carouge as well,Head of Operations at the Stade said there is no game at that stadium with Brighton.

Mind you, perhaps he is being kept in the dark as well just for giggles

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

This was, gulp, 24 years ago so would have been the old stadium - I was a fair bit away from the city centre though. Looked a bit ramshackle ground if I recall, but it was some time ago and I did have a few beers (well, the bar was so close)

The only thing I remember about Geneva was picking a bar at random and finding that it was a gay bar. In 1991, there couldn't have been many gay bars in Geneva but I managed to find it.

I must say that I didn't find the place staggeringly expensive but then, I'd been to Denmark and Sweden in the preceding year and was still counting the cost of those trips

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Thank you for your email,

I have checked with the relevant department today and have been advised that an announcement will be made very shortly with regard to the friendly taking place in Switzerland later in the summer.

Please be advised that this announcement will be made via our website www.seagulls.co.uk or our other social media outlets.

In the meantime, please remain patient and contact us if you have any further questions on the details below.

Maybe imminent.

Later in the Summer, hmm less than 4 weeks

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here