Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Croatia - Oh Dear

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Do not understand I assume it's Croation fans who marked the pitch with the swasticka and again I assume caused problems in Norway which poses the questions:

1. Is this a symbol to the fact both Italy and Croatia formed part of the Axis powers during WW2
2. Or dose Croatia a newish member of the Europian Union have a ultra right wing problem
3. No idea why this happened in Norway

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Do not understand I assume it's Croation fans who marked the pitch with the swasticka and again I assume caused problems in Norway which poses the questions:

1. Is this a symbol to the fact both Italy and Croatia formed part of the Axis powers during WW2
2. Or dose Croatia a newish member of the Europian Union have a ultra right wing problem

Croatia fought something of a civil war in ww2 between the fascists and the communists. The communists emerged victorious. It would be simplistic to call them an Axis Power, as many thousands of Croats died fighting the fascists.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

It was in Split, nothing to do with Norway :moo:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Wouldn't happen in Germany

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
We have a lot of Croatians working here on my ship. Our 1st Engineer is an extremely knowledgable football fan & huge supporter of Hadjuk Split. He was very upset by it this morning when I greeted him with a "Goran, WTF?"
He is disgusted; also he told me, "My Grandfather was killed by the Nazis in 1944; imagine how I feel?"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here