Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
:lol:

Idiots.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
did anyone know that town existed?

always bewilders me how people follow sat-nav when other clues on the journey tell you its going wrong.

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
Can't be all bad. I'm sure they found a nice pint, some fish and chips and been regaled with a few kiddy-fiddler stories from near-by.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Many years back on the way to Swansea 90`s i think we came across a minibus of Carlisle fans in a service station around the Bristol area.It was about 1pm and they were totally lost.They were away at Southend that day and had been heading for the small hamlet of Southend Gloucestershire as opposed to the one on the sea .......takes all sorts

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I was stood by the info desk at Gatwick once when an American couple lost the plot with the advisor about their two day wasted trip when the day before on arrival in the country they had asked directions to Leeds Castle and were sent to.....

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Glad they found their way to Cardiff in the end. I hate Satnavs after mine told me I was in the middle of a field (thankfully I wasn't) and on another occasion directed me through the City of London on the way back from Dagenham (it nearly got drop kicked into The Thames on that occasion). I have stopped using it and prefer to work out the route first so that I more or less know where I am going and then stop en route to check. Please no comments about woman drivers.:lolol:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I was stood by the info desk at Gatwick once when an American couple lost the plot with the advisor about their two day wasted trip when the day before on arrival in the country they had asked directions to Leeds Castle and were sent to.....

It wasn't Mr.Hamilton was it?, the American in the Waldorf Salad episode of Fawlty Towers, played so admirably by Bruce Boa. I can imagine what his reply would have been!

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Circa 1992 at about 2:50 on a Saturday afternoon, In a pub in Tottenham Court Road, a bunch of Newcastle supporters asked me for directions ton the ground.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Yes, of course you just type the name of a country into the sat-nav when you want to go to a match, don't you?

Even if it had directed them to the right Wales, were they just going to keep driving around until they spotted the floodlights?

Sounds like a hoax.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Didn't a woman from the USA come to a wedding in Brighton a few years ago however the actual wedding was in Brighton New South Wales ?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
My Sat-Nav error. Coming home from Torquay, a journey I did fortnightly and literally with my eyes closed, I listened to my Sat-Nav rather than take the normal route. That is, I took the A303 not the A35. Running low of fuel I knew there was a/ Esso station b/ small village with station c/Morrisons. Somehow I 'missed' all three but it didn't occur to me why I'd missed them. So finally I'm on a long road where I knew there was a Shell garage at the end but didn't make it. Splutter splutter out of diesel. Called the RAC and gave them my sat-nav co-ordinates. When the driver arrived he explained that I was parked next to Stonehenge, about 30 miles north of where I should have been, hence all the petrol stations I thought existed weren't there.

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
did anyone know that town existed?

always bewilders me how people follow sat-nav when other clues on the journey tell you its going wrong.

It's a district of Sheffield. I've played rugby there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here