Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Zamora, Murray or Ulloa, Who was the best?

Who was the best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
All similar types of players who could be the target man, Hold up play and score for fun for the Albion but who do you rate as the best?

poll to follow

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Best in their career would be Zamora without doubt. He has done it at PL level for years and won an England cap.

Best during their time at Brighton would possibly be Ulloa, but probably still Zamora. He may not have had the same goals/game (at Champ level), but he wasn't in a team of the same quality of players as Ulloa.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Murray was my favourite, more gutted to lose him than Zamora as it was plain we couldn't keep him.

I do actually prefer Murray though, seems I am completely on my tod though :lolol:

Still scoring goals at the top level too, not sure why everyone seems to think Zamora was so much better, he's hardly been prolific since he left us has he?

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The best while with us, or the best in their prime?

I'm not sure either is entirely easy to answer.

With us - Murray never played with us in the championship so we don't know how he would have performed for us, in our system, without the liikes of Bolasie and Zaha putting balls into the box/diving for cheap penalties. There's also the issue of Zamora being part of a cheap squad punching above its weight and struggling in the division v Ulloa in one of our strongest squads.

In their prime - Has Ulloa hit his prime yet?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
When you paid 100 grand for the best in the land...

It's Zamora

:rock:

83 goals in 136 games.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
and the only person voting with me is a fecking Palace fan :down:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Really tricky one. Big fan of all 3. I think Murray has proved it at every level he's played at, and has the best all-round game.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
In terms of pedigree it has to be Zamora. He's played for bigger clubs, he's played in Europe, he's played for his country.

Neither Ulloa or Murray will ever achieve that.

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
Its difficult really, because although they all fit the 'big number 9' role however they have different attributes to it. Zamora is by far the best of the three at holding the ball up, no question whatsover. Ulloa & Murray are arguably better in the air than BZ though. Ulloa was the master of powering in a header from a cross with no pace, whereas Murray is the best are 're-directing' a cross with lots of pace with a flick header.

For me, Ulloa was the best and most complete out of the 3, Zamora the best at holding the ball up and Murray the better close range finisher. Its worth mentioning though, Zamora's 1 season in the Championship (formerly Division 1) for us, gave him 14 goals despite him being injured for half of it - and we also were relegated. All that at 22 i think he was? So you'd have to say that Zamora was the best for us.

That being said, neither of them have (and Murray will never) eclipse what Zamora has achieved in his career.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I went for Zamora simply because for the time he was here I went to the Albion not hoping he would score, but expecting him to.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here