Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 34
  1. #1
    Members Mustafa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Hove
    Posts
    13,701

    Government trying to fast-track fracking without public consent


    4 Not allowed!
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-10314634.html

    Of course there are short-term economic benefits to fracking - particularly for energy companies and investors - but pumping the ground with hundreds of carcinogenic chemicals is not a good idea, especially in a country where as much as 75% of our drinking water comes from groundwater sources.

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #2

      0 Not allowed!
      Murdoch will be pleased.
    • #3
      Not seen such Bravery! Blue Valkyrie's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2012
      Location
      Valhalla
      Posts
      25,593


      0 Not allowed!
      Putin funds the anti-fracking lobby as he wants to protect his energy revenues.
      Out of contract June 2020 : Bong, Balogun, Kayal, Murray, Schelotto, Ahannach
    • #4

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Blue Valkyrie View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Putin funds the anti-fracking lobby as he wants to protect his energy revenues.
      Proof?

      And your point being.......
    • #5
      Not seen such Bravery! Blue Valkyrie's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2012
      Location
      Valhalla
      Posts
      25,593


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by 1234andcounting View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Proof?

      And your point being.......
      The point is as stated, no more no less.

      Can't really be bothered to trawl for the proof, you can believe it or not, of course.

      http://www.theguardian.com/environme...ppose-fracking

      There are many more articles out there.
      Last edited by Blue Valkyrie; 12-06-2015 at 10:27.
      Out of contract June 2020 : Bong, Balogun, Kayal, Murray, Schelotto, Ahannach
    • #6

      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Blue Valkyrie View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      The point is as stated, no more no less.

      Can't be bothered to trawl for the proof, you can believe it or not, of course.
      Ho hum.

      David Bellotti (as an example) could have funded the anti-smoking lobby. It wouldn't have undermined the science underlying the connection between smoking and cancer and other serious medical conditions.

      I have a date with Taylor Swift tonight (I don't have to prove it).
    • #7
      Not seen such Bravery! Blue Valkyrie's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2012
      Location
      Valhalla
      Posts
      25,593


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by 1234andcounting View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Ho hum.

      David Bellotti (as an example) could have funded the anti-smoking lobby. It wouldn't have undermined the science underlying the connection between smoking and cancer and other serious medical conditions.

      I have a date with Taylor Swift tonight (I don't have to prove it).
      As I said, believe it or not. I don't want to trawl the internet for hours, but a 1 minute search threw up the article ( amongst many ) I added into the post above.
      Out of contract June 2020 : Bong, Balogun, Kayal, Murray, Schelotto, Ahannach
    • #8
      cleaning up cat sick glasfryn's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2005
      Location
      somewhere in Eastbourne
      Posts
      20,337


      0 Not allowed!
      Problem is, who is out there to stop them?
      neuter and microchip and keep your cats in at night and just in case you lose one of the little buggers
      anyone who loses a cat can contact me by pm.
      ONWARDS AND UPWARDS
    • #9
      A. Virgo, Football Genius
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Posts
      27,133


      5 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-10314634.html

      Of course there are short-term economic benefits to fracking - particularly for energy companies and investors - but pumping the ground with hundreds of carcinogenic chemicals is not a good idea, especially in a country where as much as 75% of our drinking water comes from groundwater sources.
      your biased, ill-informed objection is why we need to fast track such development. if there was sensible debate, an acceptance that it a safe process in principle, put some safeguards around it and then we could talk rationally about locations. but the nimby and green lobby want to stop all fracking full stop, no debate, so consultation is bypassed. its a shame how counter productive automatic objection can be.
      Daily Mail readers are living in a perpetual hell, expecting their homes to be overrun at any minute by hoodie wearing, skunk smoking, muslim, transgender, asylum seekers.
    • #10
      Still Got. A Vote wellquickwoody's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      Melbourne
      Posts
      10,758


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-10314634.html

      Of course there are short-term economic benefits to fracking - particularly for energy companies and investors - but pumping the ground with hundreds of carcinogenic chemicals is not a good idea, especially in a country where as much as 75% of our drinking water comes from groundwater sources.
      Good.

      When the green lobby learns to accept they we actually do need energy, and stops opposing everything out of hand including nuclear, solar and fossil options then perhaps the rest of us will take their arguments seriously.
      Simon Jordan, "Palace could be the Manchester United of the South" - That is why I love having the gypsies as our rivals

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •