Votes: 36 52.9%
  • Fence

Votes: 4 5.9%

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Two monumental NSC passings. Which moved you the most?

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Not enough options. Despite your own prejudices a lot of people in this country liked MT. I cannot believe any Albion supporters liked DB.
Silly

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You are comparing a lady who will go down in history as one of our greatest ever prime ministers and put the Great back in Britain to a nothing failed MP who tried to help ruin and lose our club. No comparison.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
MT won 3 general elections. Some hate her but many like her. DB was disliked by all Albion fans. I hate it when people revel in someone's death. If you have nothing nice to say when someone has died, then don't say anything.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Up there with the silliest ever NSC threads, quite an achievement :thumbsup:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You are comparing a lady who will go down in history as one of our greatest ever prime ministers and put the Great back in Britain to a nothing failed MP who tried to help ruin and lose our club. No comparison.

So, Thatcher's death moved you the most?

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
HT, regardless of our differing political views always had a lot of time for you, please read my thoughts from another DB thread.

"Even at the risk of getting flamed, some personal thoughts that have come out over the course of today.

Like thousands of other Albion fans for nearly 20 years I've almost looked forward to the day of DB's passing, but when it actually happened I found myself Really feeling nothing.

It might have had something to do with losing my own mother in the last couple of months, but for all his many faults and personality disorders, Bellotti was a parent himself.

He was the front man for Archer and Stanley, whatever he got paid for it, was it really worth it?

After July 1995 he endured all kinds of abuse, both verbally and in print a 'favourite' emanating from his then wife, the 'lovely Jo' and the allegations about her and a Liverpool striker.

He had to have his calls and post monitored, was brought to games under strict security, we had to talk an over zealous Gulls Eye reader from targeting Bellotti Junior outside his school and my own personal favourite was the Steve Foster incident when Fozzie sat in his office and said to him.
"David you are either the most switched on bloke to ever be at the Albion or you are the biggest **** this club has ever seen, and from where I'm sitting you don't look that intelligent"

He had to move away from Sussex and as a result became estranged from his son, which something as a parent I would find very hard to comprehend.

And perhaps worse of all he had that life sentence of always having to look over his shoulder, all over the world, because the Albion support gets everywhere, and there would always be that chance be it in a bar, hotel lobby, airport, restaurant in fact anywhere, that he would bump into one of us and get the verbal abuse he so richly deserved.

But 20 years on, we've lost too many good people, Robert Eaton, Roy Chuter, Sarah Watts, my mum and countless others that today I truly cannot celebrate a death, even his.

History will ultimately be the judge."

So HT do we really need this thread?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
HT, regardless of our differing political views always had a lot of time for you, please read my thoughts from another DB thread.

"Even at the risk of getting flamed, some personal thoughts that have come out over the course of today.

Like thousands of other Albion fans for nearly 20 years I've almost looked forward to the day of DB's passing, but when it actually happened I found myself Really feeling nothing.

It might have had something to do with losing my own mother in the last couple of months, but for all his many faults and personality disorders, Bellotti was a parent himself.

He was the front man for Archer and Stanley, whatever he got paid for it, was it really worth it?

After July 1995 he endured all kinds of abuse, both verbally and in print a 'favourite' emanating from his then wife, the 'lovely Jo' and the allegations about her and a Liverpool striker.

He had to have his calls and post monitored, was brought to games under strict security, we had to talk an over zealous Gulls Eye reader from targeting Bellotti Junior outside his school and my own personal favourite was the Steve Foster incident when Fozzie sat in his office and said to him.
"David you are either the most switched on bloke to ever be at the Albion or you are the biggest **** this club has ever seen, and from where I'm sitting you don't look that intelligent"

He had to move away from Sussex and as a result became estranged from his son, which something as a parent I would find very hard to comprehend.

And perhaps worse of all he had that life sentence of always having to look over his shoulder, all over the world, because the Albion support gets everywhere, and there would always be that chance be it in a bar, hotel lobby, airport, restaurant in fact anywhere, that he would bump into one of us and get the verbal abuse he so richly deserved.

But 20 years on, we've lost too many good people, Robert Eaton, Roy Chuter, Sarah Watts, my mum and countless others that today I truly cannot celebrate a death, even his.

That is a great post Harty.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014

Excellent post, I always thought him a stooge, used by Stanley and Archer to deflect the shite that should have been theirs.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Excellent post, I always thought him a stooge, used by Stanley and Archer to deflect the shite that should have been theirs.
He was only following orders? (I think I win some sort of internet messageboard prize for that observation...)

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Let's wait for Blair to die and then this poll might be valid. As it is, it's a bitter left winger trying to create a binfest.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Strange poll. Can only assume you are the end of a gargantuan bell.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here