Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fox cubs 'kept in captivity to be hunted illegally'

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
[h=1]Fox cubs 'kept in captivity to be hunted illegally'[/h]Foxes as young as three months are being taken from the wild and kept in captivity to be hunted illegally, according to the League Against Cruel Sports, an animal welfare charity.
Footage filmed as part of a League Against Cruel Sports (LACS) investigation in May 2015 appears to show a shed fitted out to mimic a fox earth, with the animals being fed on dead chickens. There were no adult foxes present in the artificial earth.

Channel Four story

This makes me feel utterly sick.
:down:

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
So much for the 'we need to keep the fox population down' that the fox-hunter fraternity keep trotting out!

People who actually derive enjoyment from seeing foxes chased and torn to pieces by dogs need psychiatric treatment.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Having watched the video and read the report, I fail to see anything that shows they were kept for hunting. ( apart from the guess / accusation made by the league against cruel sports )

There is nothing there to say they will be hunted in the future (including the Police quote)

But it hasn't stopped people jumping onto the guilty bandwagon

Couldn't they have just been rescued after being abandoned / orphaned? - Just as likely an explanation to their current treatment

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Having watched the video and read the report, I fail to see anything that shows they were kept for hunting. ( apart from the guess / accusation made by the league against cruel sports )

There is nothing there to say they will be hunted in the future (including the Police quote)

Couldn't they have just been rescued after being abandoned / orphaned? - Just as likely an explanation to their current treatment

if that was not so tragic it would be funny
16 fox cubs in a shed, are you having a laugh

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill

Now, I don't think even you believe that.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Vile and sick ****s! !!!
What joy can these evil hairless apes get from chasing a fox then watching it get torn apart by a pack of dogs!
Complete wronguns not fit to be called human!

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
if that was not so tragic it would be funny
16 fox cubs in a shed, are you having a laugh

I suppose you can provide evidence of similar practices of raising young foxes to be hunted? either before or after the hunting ban?

It's not like Fox hunting and it's ban has been in the news recently, and there isn't going to be a feeling by groups like the league against cruel sports to stoke up the emotions and make hunters out to be cruel & evil in a bid to generate enough public opposition to the bans lifting is there. No anti campaign (regardless of topic) has ever staged anything to gain support for their cause have they... oh wait

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Now, I don't think even you believe that.

I don't know the reason they are there, but I am not going to make a blind leap in the dark and say that it is to be hunted

It could be for anything, even for their fur for all I know - what is there to show they are there for hunting purposes? Nothing, that's what.

I am not going to be quick to condemn without first waiting to find out if there is any truth in the accusation

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I suppose you can provide evidence of similar practices of raising young foxes to be hunted? either before or after the hunting ban?

It's not like Fox hunting and it's ban has been in the news recently, and there isn't going to be a feeling by groups like the league against cruel sports to stoke up the emotions and make hunters out to be cruel & evil in a bid to generate enough public opposition to the bans lifting is there. No anti campaign (regardless of topic) has ever staged anything to gain support for their
cause have they... oh wait

men on horses, dozens of hounds, chasing down one animal, please explain just how that is not cruelty?

Yoda

English & European

What that report doesn't say, is that the barn was on a farm 200m away from the local hunt's kennel's, and were from at least 4 different vixens.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33098202

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
men on horses, dozens of hounds, chasing down one animal, please explain just how that is not cruelty?

Quite

cruel (ˈkruːəl)
adj
1. causing or inflicting pain without pity: a cruel teacher.
2. causing pain or suffering: a cruel accident.
[C13: from Old French, from Latin crūdēlis, from crūdus raw, bloody]
ˈcruelly adv ˈcruelness n

They cause and inflict pain and suffering and presumably without pity, otherwise why would they continue to do it.

A horrible activity carried out by horrible cruel people.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Country seems to be regressing to the middle ages under this regime. Oh well, hopefully even the thickest of c*nts that voted for them this time around will be personally adversely affected enough to kick them out - preferably tarred and feathered - next time around.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Ilkley

It's not like Fox hunting and it's ban has been in the news recently, and there isn't going to be a feeling by groups like the league against cruel sports to stoke up the emotions and make hunters out to be cruel & evil in a bid to generate enough public opposition to the bans lifting is there. No anti campaign (regardless of topic) has ever staged anything to gain support for their cause have they... oh wait

I'm inclined to agree. Interesting that LACS "knew" they were there, and the timing is brilliant for them. Lets face it, they never let the facts get in the way of propaganda.

If it turns out to be true, then a someone has done the hunting community a big disservice, and deserves everything they get.

(For the record, I don't hunt, but I have no issue with it. I shoot, and eat what I shoot (with the exception of pests (foxes etc)))

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Come on George, when are you going to tighten up on charity tax breaks

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Country seems to be regressing to the middle ages under this regime. Oh well, hopefully even the thickest of c*nts that voted for them this time around will be personally adversely affected enough to kick them out - preferably tarred and feathered - next time around.

To all those reading this thread, please replace the word 'regime' with 'democratically elected government'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here