Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Getting to/from Royal Albert Hall on Sunday

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm going to the RAH on Sunday afternoon/evening. I'm feeling inclined to drive there and back rather than faff about with trains and tubes, particularly for the coming back bit - Sunday service and all that.

Is this a stupid idea?

ringmerseagulltoo

Feb 16, 2012
Drive and park in the College of Music behind the Albert Hall. Get your ticket from the Albert Hall Box Office. Not sure if that is possible this close to the event. I usually get the parking ticket sent with the event tickets. On a Sunday local street parking should be free with spaces available if you get there early enough.

Paddington Gal

May 7, 2013
I'm going to the RAH on Sunday afternoon/evening. I'm feeling inclined to drive there and back rather than faff about with trains and tubes, particularly for the coming back bit - Sunday service and all that.

Is this a stupid idea?

Road closures in central London this Sunday due to a march/parade. Highly advisable not to drive

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I've driven and parked there a few times and its been ok but admittedly am starting in south London. Would think twice if there are road closures so would check.

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
I drive to central London several times a week, it's really not too bad at all.

Come off the M25 at jct 10, head up the A3 all the way to Wandsworth, then over Wandsworth Bridge. From there head up the Fulham Road, then cut through the back streets to find a parking spot. Far more civilised than public transport.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Drive to Three Bridges and park there, should be trains when you get back no problem.

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
There's plenty of free parking nearby, Westminster parking bays usually will be free but Kensington spaces will probably charge. Check carefully as the borough boundary is often split down the middle of the road so you have different regulations on each side of the road.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008

Is this a stupid idea?

Yes, a crazy one. Victoria station is no more than 40 minutes on foot at a fair pace, probably less than that on a quiet Sunday evening. If you don't want to walk, South Ken is three stops away and there are buses that stop right outside the RAH.

But then I would rather be visited by the ghost of Bellotti than drive in London, congestion charge or no congestion charge.

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
When I’m over and go up to London.
I drive up to Morden.
The car park is behind the station.
Its the last stop on the Northern line.
Its only a pound to park on a Sunday.
Northen line to embankment
District and circle line to South Kensington.
Short walk from there.

Morden Station (London Underground)
Kenley Road
Greater London
Morden SM4 5AZ

There’s two car parks either side of the road, loads of space.

15 minute drive from junction 10 M25 (A3)

tonyt

Feb 23, 2009
I regularly drive up at weekends (through Wandsworth J10 M25) avoiding Croydon, Brixton etc which are always congested.
A number of residents bays in Central London do not apply at weekends so you can always park centrally for free somewhere.
Easy peasy!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I drive up to Morden.
Short walk from there.

Morden Station (London Underground)
Kenley Road
Greater London
Morden SM4 5AZ

There’s two car parks either side of the road, loads of space.

15 minute drive from junction 10 M25 (A3)

Or from Brighton junction 8 and stright down the Sutton By pass but beware of speed cameras still 15 mins ish drive

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I drive up to Morden.
Short walk from there.

This works as a poem for me. Very evocative, Larkin-esque in fact.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Sunday is the perfect day for a London gig - I'll always get Sunday tix if there's a choice of dates.
Parked near the RAH several times.
Last year went to a gig at the Hammersmith Apollo on a Sunday
- parked right in front of the side entrance for free (at approx 5.30pm in time for a pre gig meal) jumped straight in the car after the concert finished at 10.30 and pulled in my drive at 11.45 - can't do that with public transport!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here