perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Must be resting the dynamic genius in caskey for the euros :glare:

To be fair he has come on in the second half and looks one of our better midfielders. I have been a big critic of his this season, but cant help but think he was played out of position a lot of the time. He certainly fits into Englands play and does not look out of place. You might have written him off but I think he could have a good season alongside Kayal next season.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Didn't he play in the closed door game the other day? Southgate is giving the whole squad some time on the pitch before the Euros

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
To be fair he has come on in the second half and looks one of our better midfielders. I have been a big critic of his this season, but cant help but think he was played out of position a lot of the time. He certainly fits into Englands play and does not look out of place. You might have written him off but I think he could have a good season alongside Kayal next season.

We definitely play him out of position. Arguably only Poyet has got the best out of him so far. Looked better than Will Hughes last night.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

Agree. I watched the last 30 mins and he owned his position and made some great play making passes. It looked like he was playing more of a Bridcutt role sitting in front of a back four.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Will Hughes really hasn't come on as quickly as he should have has he? Or am I being harsh? Probably.

Depends what you expect, but he was Club Player of the Year, Players player of the year, supporters club player of the year and fans player of the year. He was very very good last season.

Dec 29, 2011
Depends what you expect, but he was Club Player of the Year, Players player of the year, supporters club player of the year and fans player of the year. He was very very good last season.

What's the most you've turned down for him in the past? For some reason £15m and Man City spring to mind, but that seems ludicrous to turn down that money so maybe it's fabrication. Any facts?

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
What's the most you've turned down for him in the past? For some reason £15m and Man City spring to mind, but that seems ludicrous to turn down that money so maybe it's fabrication. Any facts?

Not a clue, those are the sort of numbers that are banded about but who knows, I actually had a conversation with our CEO Sam Rush a few months back where he debunked a few myths about how transfers are done, he told me that the idea of hostile bids out of the blue just don't happen, more often than not it's the selling club that make the approaches.....

I'm fairly surprised he's still with us to be honest, he was a shoe in for out POTY and while the last couple of months of the season were a bit of a shambles, it's still saying something about him as a player.

That said, I suspect Tom Ince may have won it had he been with us all season.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

I expec the only real difference here is Derby fans get behind there good young players rather than slag them off at every opportunity... something we could learn from :-(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here