Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alton Towers evacuates a second ride..

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
To be honest, this really isn't a big deal. Rides all across the world breakdown all the time and this is only even a tiny story because someone got a bit panicky.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We're discussing a malfunction not a crash....These crashes are as rare as you can get although one will slip through the net.Nobodys mune from a disaster that can happen anywhere at anytime and that's part and parcel of life.

Agreed - won't stop me going on coasters. Love 'em, and real 'incidents' are very rare, however distressing the Smiler one is for everyone involved. Strongly suspect once the investigation is complete human error will be to blame

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Try telling that to the young woman who lost her leg last week...

What a ridiculous thing to write. This story has absolutely nothing to do with the terrible incident on The Smiler and no where on this thread or any other that I've seen has anyone tried to belittle it. This story was about a ride that had a malfunction and someone got a bit stroppy so they thought it best to evacuate. Nothing more nothing less. I've been on dozens of rides that have broken down over the years and been evacuated a few times-no big deal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here