Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Matt Prior - retired!

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
not unexpected but very disappointing. I can see Sussex not winning another four-day game this season

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
At one time he was arguably "the best wicketkeeper/batsman in the world".

Definitely a Sussex great and one of those batsmen I will always associate with a particular trademark stroke. In his case, obviously, a "thump" through the offside.

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
No surprise, but even so, it's sad to see the best English wicket keeper / batsman ever go out in such a way.

Have Sky Sports phoned him yet?!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
At one time he was arguably "the best wicketkeeper/batsman in the world".

Definitely a Sussex great and one of those batsmen I will always associate with a particular trademark stroke. In his case, obviously, a "thump" through the offside.

Indeed, we should treasure the good times Matt brought us for Sussex and England, we may not see his like again for Sussex. For me, his trademark shot was the savage square cut he had in the locker, I remember a 20/20 at Arundel when he square cut one lik a rocket, it bounced just inside the rope and THWACKED into the side of a hospitality marquee causing mayem anongst the coroprate types who were so busy eating and drinking they had forgotten there was a game of cricket on.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm reading KPs autoboigraphy at this minute, and while obviously you can't take it as gospel, if any of it is true, Prior comes across as rather a dick.

I'm not reading KP's autobiog but I don't need to read it to know KP is a bigger dick.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Indeed, we should treasure the good times Matt brought us for Sussex and England, we may not see his like again for Sussex. For me, his trademark shot was the savage square cut he had in the locker, I remember a 20/20 at Arundel when he square cut one lik a rocket, it bounced just inside the rope and THWACKED into the side of a hospitality marquee causing mayem anongst the coroprate types who were so busy eating and drinking they had forgotten there was a game of cricket on.
Yes, nice anecdote. He had amazing hands and powerful forearms such that he could strike the ball at the top of its bounce and, before you blinked, it would be inflicting damage on a distant boundary board...The textbook square cut was paramount in his repertoire but he would also regularly CRUNCH it in front of square from lengths lesser batsmen could only dream about.

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
I'm reading KPs autoboigraphy at this minute, and while obviously you can't take it as gospel, if any of it is true, Prior comes across as rather a dick.

Le grande fromage!!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Pretty certain it's becoming more and more apparent that KP is just a prat.

Even Flintoff at Luke Wrights testimonial dinner said as much. Words along the lines of "just when you think you're beginning to like him and he's a good bloke, he does something to make you think he's a bit of a prick".

Prior used a different word!
Though BOTH highlighted his undeniable talent.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Pretty certain it's becoming more and more apparent that KP is just a prat.

Even Flintoff at Luke Wrights testimonial dinner said as much. Words along the lines of "just when you think you're beginning to like him and he's a good bloke, he does something to make you think he's a bit of a prick".

Prior used a different word!
Though BOTH highlighted his undeniable talent.

I played with him from early to late teens, talented and driven but undeniably difficult to like. That was why I was inclined to believe there was substance behind some of Pitersen's claims, especially the 'grand fromage' bullshit.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here