Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FAO Mods - Is that giant BT sports ad clobbering NSC login?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Morning all. Have just had to switch ad blocker on to be able to login to NSC. The giant BT Sport ad at the top of the page seems to have clobbered the login process (Google Chrome, PC). The username and password can both be entered, both are visible (password not asterisked out) but are not accepted. Instead the BT Sport ad just reloads and there are no further actions available to resubmit username and password. Or it might just be coincidental and nothing to do with the ad. Anyways could you take a look and let us know when its safe to switch adblocker back off. Cheers.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
I have had problems with NSC loading this morning and it freezes on "pixel.adsafeprotected.com" and I am not sure if it is the site or my PC?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There are more, and larger, adverts for those not logged in to NSC including a bigger top banner. When you are logged in you won't get that.

I stay permanently logged in so don't see them myself, although I do try to check as a guest every day if I get the chance and/or remember.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
There are more, and larger, adverts for those not logged in to NSC including a bigger top banner. When you are logged in you won't get that.

I stay permanently logged in so don't see them myself, although I do try to check as a guest every day if I get the chance and/or remember.

Ah, right, cheers, though I was flagging that it seemed to me that there was an ad actually stopping me from being able to log in. No worries, I'll try switching off adblocker again later today and see if its fixed itself.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Ah, right, cheers, though I was flagging that it seemed to me that there was an ad actually stopping me from being able to log in. No worries, I'll try switching off adblocker again later today and see if its fixed itself.

Actually you're right Tom - there's an issue with the ad. The ad provider is already aware and is working on a fix.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
NSC has been sloggy and slow recently. Not surprising when there are no less than 5 banners on this page trying to load. It's a bit much, isn't it?

I think I better look into AdBlock, which I've always decided against previously. Advertisements are ridiculously intrusive on the internet these days, particularly on websites with those damn auto-loading videos that bring everything to a standstill, which is counter-productive because it just makes me avoid them types of sites.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I'm logged in and have the usual Russian dating or mature dating adverts which are rather unwanted. Before anyone says anything, it's a work computer so it's not based on history!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here