Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rumour

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Nope but every successful team needs a ginger.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Would he be the Texeira replacement creative stylee type or is he another midfield grinder a la his Ginga lookalikee Paul Scholes?
I have no idea what he offers I'm afraid :shrug:

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Would he be the Texeira replacement creative stylee type or is he another midfield grinder a la his Ginga lookalikee Paul Scholes?
I have no idea what he offers I'm afraid :shrug:

None of those unfortunately, instead he's a defensive midfielder.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
He's a very good young player who played a few games last season for Saints, so he definitely has quality. As long he doesn't come with our speciality, Gary Gardner "Must Play Every Match" clause in his loan contract, he'd be a good addition on season-long loan terms.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
He's a very good young player who played a few games last season for Saints, so he definitely has quality. As long he doesn't come with our speciality, Gary Gardner "Must Play Every Match" clause in his loan contract, he'd be a good addition on season-long loan terms.

I know the Saints' Fans that I know think he is a very good prospect.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I know the Saints' Fans that I know think he is a very good prospect.

This would be an HORRIFIC loan signing.

He plays a year below Forster-Caskey in the England age-groups set up, in exactly the same position, with less success. He was far from a stand out performer in the Toulon games, and overall is no better a prospect.

Policy simply MUST be to develop our own young players over somebody else's, unless they are going to very significantly improve our side. Reed won't.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012

He plays a year below Forster-Caskey in the England age-groups set up, in exactly the same position, with less success. He was far from a stand out performer in the Toulon games, and overall is no better a prospect.

Policy simply MUST be to develop our own young players over somebody else's, unless they are going to very significantly improve our side. Reed won't.

Fair enough.

It doesn't change the fact that Saints Fans think highly of him, but I see your point. I am not one of those on here who thinks that JFC is rubbish.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

I agree with that, but I'm also expecting JFC to leave this summer for a long a fruitful career in the Prem.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Worse than JFC, you say.
Is this him?:-

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I would only be interested if Crofts injury recovery is not going well and we need some cover

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If this is true, surely 1 of Crofts, JFC, or Holla is on their way out ???

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I agree with that, but I'm also expecting JFC to leave this summer for a long a fruitful career in the Prem.

Even if Forster-Caskey were to leave, then signing Reed on loan would just be blocking INCE'S development instead.

Very poor idea.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here