Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A club wins over fan worrying about new signings

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Lee Miller, a Doncaster Rovers fan, was "a bit worried that it was going to be like last year and we'd be waiting until a couple of weeks before the start of the new season [for new signings]". So club invited him in to and asked him to announce the first new signing. Goalkeeper Thorsten Stuckmann.

Their marketing manager said.
“Lee has been Tweeting myself and the club every day about "Who are we signing" and "When is Dickov getting the pen out?" Rather than just ignore him as many clubs would do, we decided to get Lee involved today and to let him control our media and to literally answer the questions he’s been asking us! "
via >> http://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/article/stuck-for-words-2488954.aspx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnOt2CwSb8Y

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Jesus wept. Freakshow.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The Albion should do this, they could turn it into a commercial opportunity and offer the place to the highest bidding fan. :thumbsup:

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
So the moral of the story is that acting like a impatient child/massive super fan who REALLY cares more than everyone else possibly could can be rewarded? Good times!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So the moral of the story is that acting like a impatient child/massive super fan who REALLY cares more than everyone else possibly could can be rewarded? Good times!

I see it as a club with a sense of humour.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
How is he not massively embarrassed?!

"I kicked and screamed, bordered on trolling my football team for days/weeks, now I get to stand in front of a camera and announce the signing"...

How old?!

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I like it! Nice to see a bit of humour from the normally hyper-serious, bone-dry world of commercial football management.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Exactly. This is the club who after a drab 0-0 at the end of last season, released THIS official video:

[yt]xs0vnMril98[/yt]

[emoji38]ol:
Maybe it's just my sense of humour (or lack of) then as I found that highlights video genuinely funny and Doncaster should be applauded for it.

It's just that don't find the humour here, if I'm honest. It's like the club want to show they're engaging with fans, which is great of them and should be encouraged, but rather than choose someone at random/as a prize/deserving of a treat (think of what that would've meant to a young fan) for some reason they chose a guy who acted like a 14 year old.

That being said, I fully appreciate that it's very much a damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario for the club, the idea itself was by no means a bad one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here