Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cock

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Always nice to be one of the seeded big boys in this competition in the first round of the Capital One Cup Knockout. Not long now until the first round draw next Tuesday televised live on Sky Sports News HQ.

Which of the unseeded teams do we want??

Accrington Stanley
AFC Wimbledon
Barnet
Bristol Rovers
Burton Albion
Bury
Cambridge United
Carlisle United
Colchester United
Coventry City
Crawley Town
Crewe Alexandra
Dagenham & Redbridge
Doncaster Rovers
Exeter City
Hartlepool United
Leyton Orient
Luton Town
Mansfield Town
Morecambe
Newport County
Northampton Town
Notts County
Oldham Athletic
Oxford United
Plymouth Argyle
Port Vale
Portsmouth
Scunthorpe United
Shrewsbury Town
Southend United
Stevenage
Walsall
Wycombe Wanderers
Yeovil Town
York City

Hartlepool at home for me, home tie against arguably the weakest side in there, we enjoyed a fine run in this competition last year and enjoyed a great night out at White Hart Lane, would be nice for something similar this season.

Last edited:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Hartlepool at home for me, home tie against arguably the weakest side in there, we enjoyed a fine run in this competition last year and enjoyed a great night out at White Hart Lane, would be nice for something similar this season.

We won't get Hartlepool, the draw will be further spilt into 2 regional sections as it has been for the last few seasons at least. Cambridge, Barnet or Bristol Rovers are likely to be the lowest ranked of the Southern teams, so any of them or Portsmouth at home will do me.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Normally I wouldn't care but this is likely to be the only opportunity for me to see an Albion match next season, so ideally:

Albion v York City (my uni town)

or

Albion v Pompey (always amusing to beat them, plus we'd get to see the GREATEST fans in the World, what a TREAT)

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
We won't get Hartlepool, the draw will be further spilt into 2 regional sections as it has been for the last few seasons at least. Cambridge, Barnet or Bristol Rovers are likely to be the lowest ranked of the Southern teams.

Okay, well Cambridge then for me. Bristol Rovers and Barnet will be buoyant after promotion and one to be avoided so soon into the new season.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Portsmouth, Crawley, AFC Wimbledon or Orient away.

Rather any of those than a L2 team at home infront of 10k with no atmosphere.

X Isle

Mar 6, 2011
Worthing
Any news on this yet?

The process has been virtually leak free throughout, quite unheard of for us.

A usually very reliable poster though has just intimated the decision has been made and we're just awaiting an announcement now. Could move quickly now but who it is remains a mystery....likely one of NJ or Derek Adams of Ross County fame (if that's not a contradiction in terms :facepalm: )

Hoping for Jones myself, and came on hoping to see some sort of tip off from your end that he was off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here