Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sterling to Brighton (or how to hack off an agent)

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
OK, the thread title is not true............as of yet, but bear with me.

Myself and two colleagues who are Liverpool fans (one real and one a bit plastic) were talking how Raheem Sterling's agent's exceptionally poor advice has led to the player now being seen as the unacceptable money grabbing face of football. As many may have seen he was roundly booed by many England fans at the weekend, and most Liverpool fans want him out of their club. Sterling has turned down £100k per week, Liverpool are refusing to pay more, his agent has said 'he would not stay for £900k per week and Jamie Carragher is a knob!'. I think his career at Anfield is over BUT Liverpool will not sell him to a Premier League rival and if there is a shortage of bids from overseas perhaps the Liverpool board should take the opportunity to do what is oh so necessary in the modern game, take both the player and his agent down a peg or three, thereby doing all of football a favour.

When Wayne Bridge came to us, Man City were paying him £100k per week, for that one season we chipped in with £10k and City made up the rest. How about Liverpool loan Sterling to us, we pay £10k per week, they pay the other £25k? Liverpool teach the player and his agent a lesson, Sterling is out of Anfield but not at a rival, we get a quality player who is pixxed off but ultimately needs to perform to get his move, and Liverpool get a player back still with a year left on his contract so they can sell him, everyone's a winner except the bad guys!

Fantasyland? Dreamworld? Yes I know, but imagine if this rumour started doing the rounds.........

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
On the other hand it could make Albion fans a laughing stock.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Silly season is in full flow I see.

And I'm sure Sterling would really be busting a gut for us during his exiled punishment in the second division.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Fantasyland? Dreamworld? Yes I know, but imagine if this rumour started doing the rounds.........

fingers.gif Now you're back in the room.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Whatever he's drinking, I want it.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Could do a job ............ can he play at left back?

yep play him there and he would still score more goals than our present forward line

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
What's he done wrong exactly? :shrug:

Fantastic player, international caps, wants to challenge for titles and the champions league – what is all this bullshit he is being badly advised by his agent?

Liverpool-centric media propaganda: anyone wanting to leave Liverpool must be being badly advised.

Same as when Gerrard agitated to leave I suppose?

The only people being badly advised are probably the owners being told that Ricky Lambert and Mario Balotelli would be adequate replacements for the departing Suarez. :lolol:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Liverpool-centric media propaganda: anyone wanting to leave Liverpool must be being badly advised.

it would be the amount demanded and the manner of the comments made by his agent that is the issue here. not propaganda when the agent is saying the player will never play for the club again. its all been rather unprofessional from the agent.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
it would be the amount demanded and the manner of the comments made by his agent that is the issue here. not propaganda when the agent is saying the player will never play for the club again. its all been rather unprofessional from the agent.

He didn't actually say that though did he. Out of context he was quoted as saying Sterling won't be signing another contract with Liverpool regardless of the money offered, that is a simple enough statement. I for one am not getting sucked into the Liverpool PR / ex Player-Pundit spin machine and the misinformation that they always put out.

Reminds me of the story of Jock Stein asking Alan Hansen tactically what should they do to stop Ian Rush when Scotland were playing Wales in a crucial qualifier. Hansen said nothing as he didn't want to betray his club colleague, not even for his country,

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
He didn't actually say that though did he. Out of context he was quoted as saying Sterling won't be signing another contract with Liverpool regardless of the money offered, that is a simple enough statement. I for one am not getting sucked into the Liverpool PR / ex Player-Pundit spin machine and the misinformation that they always put out. ,

A la David de Gea, he said he wouldnt re sign, had 12 months left, UTD just shipped him out for 22mil.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Is he good enough to replace Lua Lua ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here