Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Don't any of you guys have a premier league club that you support?

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Recently asked by the brother in laws missus

Don't you have a premier league club that you support :facepalm:

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Yes. I randomly select a club every year just to add a little more excitement when watching Match of the Day, and literally all of my friends support Premier League clubs. I only vaguely follow the club I select though.

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
Isnt the brother in laws missus your sister? Oh hold on, your wifes brother or sister, got it now. Still a question asked over here a lot. Yeah but who do you follow in the EPL...

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I used to support Liverpool but moved onto Man U until I saw the light and then started supporting Chelsea. Had some great memories supporting Chelsea but since the way Man city won the Prem title with the last kick of the game, how could anyone not support them now?
Saying that, I'm currently considering Arsenal as my club.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
It does annoy me a little bit when asked this, especially when the questioner acts like it's a requirement.

I do watch out for West Brom's results due to a long-running FM career but I wouldn't go so far to say their 'my prem team'.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Frequent Question: What football team do you support?

My Answer: Brighton.

True reactions: 'No, I mean Premier League teams' & the quite unbelievable 'No, I mean Professional teams'!!!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Obviously not.

I found myself rooting for Burnley last year, though.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
To expand on my comment - clearly I'm a Brighton fan, so I see no need to support any other club.

However, for a whole multitude of reasons, were I presented with any specific English League I would have a sliding scale of Like ->Meh-> Hate for the clubs involved.

Therefore, I don't support any other team, but if I watch a Prem match I'll generally know which team I'd prefer to win.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Support? No. But have a soft spot for Liverpool and always look out for their result (after the Albion's, of course!) Happy memories of the Kop (the real one) when I was a student up there.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Frequent Question: What football team do you support?

My Answer: Brighton.

True reactions: 'No, I mean Premier League teams' & the quite unbelievable 'No, I mean Professional teams'!!!

My circle of friends refer to anything below the premiership as "non-league".

HAHAHAHA, OH MY SIDES........:facepalm:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I find myself getting irrationally angry when my Man U supporting friends start talking about "their team" and how "they are doing". I do feel a little bit sorry for them sometimes, they don't know what it means to go and see their team play live* and support them through all the ups and downs.

* Not including "Sky Sports Super Sunday Live"

Living and working where I do, I have to admit a grudging admiration for what them lot up the road and down the coast have managed to achieve. It proves there is hope for us all!!!! But to pick one, I've got to admit I have always had a soft spot in my heart for the true reds: Liverpool! Kenny Dalglish, now there was a player, and what a super team he played in too. Much as the Albion are my team ,I am always a little bit torn when we come up against them in the cups! Yes I am that man wearing the mix-scarf!!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here