Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football - safe standing

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Let's spend a fortune on converting the north stand to safe standing and deduct that cost from our playing budget and watch how many empty spaces there are on this new terrace because we then get relegated.

Well, there'd also, according to the club, be all those empty seats they won't be allowed to sell tickets for as the capacity is about how quickly the stadium can be emptied/how many people the facilities can handle, not how many people you can fit in.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
However, a number of English clubs have supported the introduction of safe rail seat systems including Aston Villa, Leeds United, Crystal Palace and Watford.

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
Let's spend a fortune on converting the north stand to safe standing and deduct that cost from our playing budget and watch how many empty spaces there are on this new terrace because we then get relegated.

Safe standing in the North with cheaper ticket prices would bring people back.

I personally know lads that would return if they could stand.

I myself am not there to sit in a theatre and watch big signings on big money. I'm there to enjoy the best atmosphere possible and support my team.

For me, the away games I attend with terracing have been produced a better cohesion of support generating a louder and more passionate atmosphere.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I am far too old to even consider standing. However, it's not a 'pleasure' I would dream of denying others. There is clearly a demand and also a serious lack of atmosphere both of which could be addressed by converting the North to standing.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
My one problem with the Amex is that it doesn't have a big end, so there's no "roar" effect. Safe standing would go part of the way to addressing this problem, I feel sure it would help the team too.

I recently went to the MadStad for my son's football tournament and saw the stadium empty. Although the Amex has a 27% bigger capacity because the MadStad is level all the way around the ends are proper ends and far bigger than ours.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Most of the games I have seen at the Amex I have stood through anyway:shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here