Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Not long till the transfer window officially open

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...-the-transfer-window-2015-open-and-close.HTML

Can't wait myself for what this window brings. I know some people like Blue Valkyrie and Zebedee can't wait to moan about lack of activity despite how early it actually is...but hey ho.

Incredibly, I thought judging by many posters on here that the transfer window opened 4 months ago, and we're still not doing anything. Crazy, huh:dunce:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Teams up and down the country have been signing players for weeks.

All the transfer window 'being opened' means is that the paperwork for the registrations starts to be processed on this date.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Lol. And we should be panicking? The way you guys post is like we're miles behind. We have been doing this style of transfer activities for years. Do you not remember that or...?

More to the point, Barber and Bloom have repeatedly said they try to keep signings as quiet as possible to avoid other clubs snooping about. Just because a few clubs have signed free agents doesn't mean we're missing out.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield

All the transfer window 'being opened' means is that the paperwork for the registrations starts to be processed on this date.

For all you know we could be working on deals at this very moment and just waiting for the window to open to announce them. We're not a big club, so it's less likely for information to leak out. When the window has been open for several weeks and we haven't made any deals that's when I'll start to be concerned. Until then, I remain faithful the recruitment team are working their hardest to right the wrongs of last summer (and no, that doesn't make me a licker).

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Lol. And we should be panicking? The way you guys post is like we're miles behind. We have been doing this style of transfer activities for years. Do you not remember that or...?

More to the point, Barber and Bloom have repeatedly said they try to keep signings as quiet as possible to avoid other clubs snooping about. Just because a few clubs have signed free agents doesn't mean we're missing out.

The thing is, they are back for training in a couple of weeks and if we are going to have a vaguely settled team for the 8th August, we want the players in for pre season training.

I would actually say that even in 2012/13 the fact that we did so much business on deadline day in August was the difference between the top two and play offs. I think if we had beaten Hull on the opening day, due to the points swing in our favour, we would have finished second.

Now I am sure the club are working very hard, do not like the amount in the press that comes to nothing, but we have no pre contracts sorted.

We have to avoid putting the squad together in August/

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
When the window has been open for several weeks and we haven't made any deals that's when I'll start to be concerned. Until then, I remain faithful the recruitment team are working their hardest to right the wrongs of last summer (and no, that doesn't make me a licker).
That sounds about right to me.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

Who are these teams? As far as I can see only five teams have paid money for a player in the Championship. QPR spent loads on two from Swindon, MK made a loan signing permanent, Wolves signed Jed Wallace for about £300K and Forest/Leeds made signings that wouldn't even count if we'd done them.

As for free transfers, the only significant action has been Derby signing Pearce and Bent (the latter after a loan spell) and Preston signing Beckford (after a loan spell). As things stand 14 teams haven't signed anyone at all. It's wrong to say lots of teams have been signing loads of players while we do nothing.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here