Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Expectations for the Albion this coming season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Start next season how we finished last.
This time Tony acts BEFORE going to Aussieland, sacking Hughton late November.
Appoints Calde as manager.
Relegated by March.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Championship victory by mid Jan
League Cup winners
FA Cup winners
Champions League Winners
Sussex Senior cup losers first round vs Bexhill on Sea 4-0,.
the last result makes it a bad season IMHO

TNBA

TTF

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
As the transfer window is still open, I might as well set the bar high and expect us to do as Bournemouth did last year, and finish top.

For this expectation to be met, decent signings need to be made - we shall see.

Last edited:

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
No expectations, whatsoever. Wondering why i renewed. More barber bullshit expected. More licking. Out of love. (except Calde- obviously)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
A solid improvement on last season! Maybe nothing very exciting - we've nowhere near a top six team at the moment, so perhaps mid-table.

With a few green shoots of recovery showing through..........

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Expectations are low, be pleasantly surprised with mid table. Have a fear that the identity built up by Poyet and continued by Oscar will disappear (if it hasn't already)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Respectably mid-table, the first of a minimum of three seasons of progressive rebuilding to eventually mount a meaningful promotion challenge. Going to be a long old haul to the land of milk and honey.Had our chance, muffed it.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Butterfly beak pies and for the Stuart Storer moustache seeds i'd planted to come into fruition, warmly wrapping the north stand goal with their thick, hope-infected bristles. Oh, and a first "you're a dirty gay" on-field footballer arrest.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
majority non-football related threads until end of July, and until then: bedwetting over lack of number and/or quality of signings; 5 "fixtures" threads on day of fixtures, complaints about Boxing day travel; numerous threads linking us to half a dozen completely unrealistic Premier League players; a surprise signing well known player to get everyones hopes up, except those saying they are too old/injury prone/crap because of performance in 2010.

This.

What is everyone's favourite sandwich ?

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
If you all backed unders (2.5) goals every game, especially away, then you're expectations will be met more often than the bookies, and that can't be bad

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
No idea. Hughton has got out of this division before but with a strong squad, which we don't have right now. That dip of form really worried me towards the end of last season after the promising start he had.
Hopefully we'll have a good transfer window.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
I feel we are in for much of the same next season, same board, same limitations on money for new players, a belief that we can achieve top six with loan players along with the same old trite mantra that we have a squad capable of achieving a top six place. The same manager that presided over a nine hour stretch without a goal, who played with one up front, exclusively and had a midfield that struggled to score or create many chances.
There has to be a radical sea change at the club and I don't see it, more anguish, tears, rantage and loses I fear.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
As we stand with the players we are rumoured to he signing- we are well and truly ****ed.

Last years team which will be (going by the rumours) also smattered with untested Lower league players or players too old or injury prone to be effective.

Yep - league 1 here we come!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here