Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sami to be No. 2 at Anfield

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I think he'll make a good number 2. He needs to give it 10 years learning management under people like Brendan before he tries being a number 1 again.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
I missed why Colin Pascoe left Liverpool , does anyone know why ?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We will see. He'll certainly have better players more capable of executing his game plans. Remember, he won't be hamstrung by David Burke's utterly shithouse moneyball spreadsheet.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Maybe he can convince Rodgers that they have the players to play his (Hyypia's) hare brained tactics.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
We will see. He'll certainly have better players more capable of executing his game plans. Remember, he won't be hamstrung by David Burke's utterly shithouse moneyball spreadsheet.

He had top players at Leverkusen and that went well when he was in sole-charge. Liverpool are grooming him to replace Rosgers aren't they? This could be funny

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He had top players at Leverkusen and that went well when he was in sole-charge. Liverpool are grooming him to replace Rosgers aren't they? This could be funny
Er, they finished THIRD under Hyypia in 2013 and FOURTH in 2014, which is when he was sacked. So that's hardly proof of incompetence, is it?

He was the wrong man at the wrong time when he arrived here. I don't believe he was responsible for some of the shocking shìt recruitment, but he seemed unable to motivate, unable to switch formation effectively and was shockingly passive on the touchlines. I'm speculating, but maybe with better players some of these things just don't matter at a higher level? :shrug:

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Apologies the news came from my wife. After reading article myself see he is in the frame with others!!!

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Nathan Jones isnt a genius and Hyppia was never a mug.

There are so many things that might impact on results other than the skill-set of any manager that we can never be sure of a managers ultimate worth.

One thing is for sure, Hyppia is by all accounts a top bloke which for me says he has as good a chance as anyone of succeeding.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
I do believe Hyypiä is a good coach, but I don't think he's a great manager. That being said, our players were so bad this year even Hughton struggled. Good luck to him at Liverpool I say.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here