Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** France v England WIMMIN Official Match Thread ***

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I know it's not as good as the men's football and that, but I have to say, it's been quite a decent tournament so far.

The USA and Germany both look proper strong,and the USA clearly have a massive advantage as they actually have a goalkeeper who doesn't look like she plays professionally in Scotland. That said, Australia (about the same level as England) were very commendable against the USA and deservedly equalised and perhaps should have been in front after the USA keeper kept out a blistering pile driver.

Anyway at 18:00, we play the French who are probably marginally better than England (not much in it), both ranked in that second tier of nations that feels they could win it with a fair wind behind them but never ever do. (Think the England men, but without the inflated opinion of themselves that comes with obscene wages)

I shall be watching - BBC tonight. :thumbsup:

Dec 15, 2014
Here
Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Wake me up when they swap shirts.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
I'll be watching this evening and cheering on the England Women but despite how confident they say they are I think they might struggle against the French. A draw would be a good result and a win fantastic so obviously I'm hoping for the latter... :D

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'll be watching this evening and cheering on the England Women but despite how confident they say they are I think they might struggle against the French. A draw would be a good result and a win fantastic so obviously I'm hoping for the latter... :D

Apparently, such is the draw, that coming SECOND in this group is the preferred outcome...

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Watched some women's football a few years ago and it was pretty dire. Watched it again in the last couple of years and they are getting pretty good. Park your prejudices and give it a go.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Apparently, such is the draw, that coming SECOND in this group is the preferred outcome...

You think like Swiss Tony. Getting through the opening group of the women's World Cup is like making love to a beautiful lady. The first match is merely foreplay, you let her dominate in the next match and enjoy her time on top but - let me tell you Paul - coming second is always the preferred outcome.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Come on England but #3 for our cousins across the Channel looks nice :love:

1799.jpg

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Is it true they've extended half-time to 20 minutes so they can have a bit more of a natter in the dressing room?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Come on England :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here