Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sex Pistols Name and Artwork To Be Featured On Virgin Money Credit Cards

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
There's nowt so anarchic as a credit card.

Agreed, we are no longer anarchic, the anger has long since gone we have all mellowed with age, but its still a great piece of artwork to have in the wallet of a great bygone era.

11406150_1036787603007894_992196206072691184_o.jpg

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Punks with credit cards, who'd have thunk it.

The-Libertine

May 2, 2006

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I
How cool is that!

Don't as a rule use credit cards but will have to start now.

Lobbing that out everytime you pay for something :)

http://pitchfork.com/news/59871-sex...-to-be-featured-on-virgin-money-credit-cards/

Astonishing.

Not even remotely.

Is it just me? I think it's the least cool thing imaginable. How could anyone who believed in the ethos of punk carry one of those?

John Lydon doing butter ads was bad enough (on so many levels) but this is worse.

This is a travesty. Nothing 'cool' about this at all. Punk as mere corporate branded wallpaper. A disgrace!

All of these. Amazing.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Does this mean when they send round the bailiffs you can tell them to ****off!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
How cool is that!

Don't as a rule use credit cards but will have to start now.

Lobbing that out everytime you pay for something :)

http://pitchfork.com/news/59871-sex...-to-be-featured-on-virgin-money-credit-cards/

You're seriously going to start using a credit card just because it has a picture on it that you like?

Aside from it being the total antithesis of everything punk is/was meant to be about, that's a bloody stupid basis on which to make any kind of financial decision.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
You're seriously going to start using a credit card just because it has a picture on it that you like?

Aside from it being the total antithesis of everything punk is/was meant to be about, that's a bloody stupid basis on which to make any kind of financial decision.

Barclays let you put whatever image you want on the card - so I presume it is an attraction for some people. Bewilders me, but there you go.

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
I think you'll find the Sex Pistols did not possess any so called punk ethos. Lydon denounced most of what he said as the ramblings of a 16 year old. Sex Pistols art work is up there with the very best and I for one would love my card to have that kind of creativity on it. They have missed a trick though. Surely the God Save The Queen cover on the credit card , with the lyric ...'she's tall as our money'.... would have been better.

Now if Crass or Conflict are used on a credit card ,I agree, that would be an ethical U turn.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Is it just me? I think it's the least cool thing imaginable. How could anyone who believed in the ethos of punk carry one of those?

John Lydon doing butter ads was bad enough (on so many levels) but this is worse.

"the ethos of punk" was 38 years ago, it now 2015, we have all grown up, we no longer have any "ethos".
The whole anger associated with punk era is what we felt as teenagers, you can't be a teenager for ever you have to move on and grow up, heaved forbid i went on to be a company director, buy a house and have 3 children and stay married to my childhood sweetheart ( she hates punk music! ) does that make me a sell out ? no i of course not, i just grew up and didn't need to remain in 1977 for the rest of my life. But i still regard myself as a "punk"

Don't get hung up on expecting punks to behave the way we did nearly 40 years old, now that would be the least cool thing imaginable.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton

As stated above you are taking this all too literally.

My thinking is that instead of using a debit card as i do, i will change to using a credit card and pay once a month, I'm proud of the fact that in over 40 years i have never paid interest on a credit card, and never will, to my detriment it also meant could not claim for PPI :(
I'm certainly not going to start using credit as you suggested. but as its a band i like and have history with it would be nice to have one in my wallet that's all.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Two words - Filthy Lucre.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here