Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone in Somerset see 2 Stealth bombers flying overhead this evening?

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
At around 8pm this evening my wife and I were having a glass of wine in the garden when 2 Stealth bombers flew low over our heads. Not many things send a shiver down my spine, but knowing what those things are capable of did. Very eerie indeed. Anyone else see them? ( I live in Frome, North somerset)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I think at least 2 of the B2 spirit bombers are being based at RAF Fairford for a while just in case there is any further shenanigans from Putin.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Was that you waving at me?

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
New signings being flown in. Keep up.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
excellent link....can you or anyone explain what an " engine-running crew change " exercise is......cheers

It's a quick turn around the plane lands and is on the ground for the shortest period of time before getting back in the air. They do not shut the engines down while the crew change usually because they have run out of flying hours.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
It's a quick turn around the plane lands and is on the ground for the shortest period of time before getting back in the air. They do not shut the engines down while the crew change usually because they have run out of flying hours.

thanks for that,i was stupidly trying to work out what this was mid air and in flight

GloverDave

Jun 9, 2015
YES, Normal Rob, I actually did see ONE of them over my garden, just south of Taunton at 19.55 yesterday .Rather unmistakeable, even with distant grainy phone camera. I thought it may have been coming into UK for the Airshow Season but, as explained, they are here for something more sinister...
It has taken 24 hours to get registered to reply to your post ( I googled Stealth Bomber and it found a Brighton Forum) and you may detect that I am a Yeovil fan (season ticket holder)...........we are dropping faster than a lead balloon.... but 7 years ago my boys were Away Mascots at your athletic stadium...and our ex-left back is possibly leaving you to go solo at Plymouth.
Anyhow, good luck for next season and keep looking up. That is all we can do from League Two

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
YES, Normal Rob, I actually did see ONE of them over my garden, just south of Taunton at 19.55 yesterday .Rather unmistakeable, even with distant grainy phone camera. I thought it may have been coming into UK for the Airshow Season but, as explained, they are here for something more sinister...
It has taken 24 hours to get registered to reply to your post ( I googled Stealth Bomber and it found a Brighton Forum) and you may detect that I am a Yeovil fan (season ticket holder)...........we are dropping faster than a lead balloon.... but 7 years ago my boys were Away Mascots at your athletic stadium...and our ex-left back is possibly leaving you to go solo at Plymouth.
Anyhow, good luck for next season and keep looking up. That is all we can do from League Two

Good luck for next season.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
They are part of the BALTOPS NATO exercise which is practicing the defense of the Baltic states from Russian invasion.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Two of those massive twin rotor blade army helicopters flew over just north of Redhill last week and again today never seen them before.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here