Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

 Pay

SteveTheSeagull

I AM A CRIPPLED ALICE FAN
Feb 14, 2015
Screw that. One step closer for them to take over the world. All bow down to your masters Arthur D. Levinson and Tim Cook and lick the crust off thier feet.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
All very impressive but is there really a need (or desire) for it?

The article seems to be saying that it'll work using the contactless card payment terminals that are already in operation so, if that's the case, why wouldn't I just use my card as I already do?

I could see it having a use if we ever move to a completely cashless society, with all shops supporting contactless payment, but until then I'd need my card on me anyway so...am I missing something (more than open to the possibility I am)?

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton

The article seems to be saying that it'll work using the contactless card payment terminals that are already in operation so, if that's the case, why wouldn't I just use my card as I already do?

I could see it having a use if we ever move to a completely cashless society, with all shops supporting contactless payment, but until then I'd need my card on me anyway so...am I missing something (more than open to the possibility I am)?

I think the idea is convenience and security.

With credit/debit cards, you have to carry each individual one with you and (correct me if I'm wrong here someone), but I believe there's no authentication on contactless payments. They're only available for small transactions but in theory anyone could steal your card and use it on a terminal to pay for anything.

With Apple Pay all of your cards are stored on your phone and each payment is authenticated with your fingerprint. Apple doesn't get any info at all on the transaction either. It's all very secure and has been praised for it's levels of privacy.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Creating desire is one of the financial juggernaut's many sophisticated strategies for establishing and retaining its closed-source world domination.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
With Apple Pay all of your cards are stored on your phone and each payment is authenticated with your fingerprint. Apple doesn't get any info at all on the transaction either. It's all very secure and has been praised for it's levels of privacy.

So when people are mugged for their iphone the mugger will just cut off a finger as well so get access for all their money

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Will be huge for London as TFL have enabled the Oyster system. No more scrabble for cards - just wave your Apple Watch at the barrier and voila.

Super exciting.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Creating desire is one of the financial juggernaut's many sophisticated strategies for establishing and retaining its closed-source world domination.

You could stick an Apple logo on a TURD and the same people would queue up all night to get hold of it.

Don't get me wrong, I think some Apple products are decent, but the HYPE that surrounds them is always much bigger than the products themselves. As for Apple Pay, :shrug: it's not exactly a game changer.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
What is it that people are jealous of?

I'm guessing that you're implying that those without Apple products are in some way jealous of those with?

It's always the same with any Apple release, those who've bought into the Apple world are interested in the updates that Apple provide free of charge to their existing clients and changing their life in subtle but interesting ways, and then there's the other shout-em-downs who haven't. I call that jealousy. I don't feel the need to bash a non-Apple using individual, and I certainly wouldn't call them "twats".

If jealousy isn't the right word, then something else....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here