Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you were a player would you feel comfortable playing in these circumstances?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02t137f

Would you understand if an England player or any player refused to play in the Qatar 2022 World Cup?

Yes, I would totally understand if a player, or supporter for that matter, refused to go.

As an aside my general take on these things is it's down to individuals to boycott, not associations. But with support/understanding and no repercussions for any individual who chooses not to go. I'd be amazed if any took a stance though.

Last edited:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Yes, I would completely understand it. The way Qatar has been treating the migrant workers has been nothing short of disgusting, and they have been seeking to disguise the truth of it as well - to put it mildly.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Quite rightly i think this question will grow and grow as time goes by. I personally would like to see the football associations take the lead on this; one death is unexceptionable if the figure of 4000 deaths are to be expected by the beginning of the tournament. No words can describe how morally bankrupt this would be! For those sort of numbers of deaths related to one project it should be classed as corporate murder!

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Blimey, was expecting a journalist not Trevor Sinclair to be bringing this up.

And good on him. Any player who stood up and said, I'm not playing in Qatar because of this would get my respect.

And to be honest, if any player said, I'm not playing in that heat are you mad? Would also get my support.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here