Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Game of Thrones - Bemused by the Furore

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
The books are frigging fantastic. So much so I struggle to watch the tv adaptation.

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
Aye that was tough, but the next installment isn't far off being released from what I hear.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I too reallllly struggle to get into it, I have tried several times! I am not saying it is crap by any means but anything to do with fantasy, dragons and the like just does not appeal to me at all. Same with BORED of the rings, I could barely keep my eyes open watching it.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I am finding it more and more stupid as it goes along. I watch it mostly at the girlfriend's behest, waiting for any stand-out moments of fiendish violence, whilst being tickled here and there by the hamminess of the man with many faces man and Jorah Mormont and Lord Baelish. It has some good bits, but now some real dross too. As long as my relationship lasts, though, i'll have to keep watching, I suppose.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I too reallllly struggle to get into it, I have tried several times! I am not saying it is crap by any means but anything to do with fantasy, dragons and the like just does not appeal to me at all. Same with BORED of the rings, I could barely keep my eyes open watching it.

I'm normally the same, I really couldn't get excited by Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, Harry Potter etc. For some reason I can't stop watching Game of Thrones though, I must just have a thing for mindless, graphic violence.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
I read 3 or 4 of the books and got really fed up with the introduction of so many new characters, reading pages of their back stories/family histories etc only for most of them to die in the next chapter.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I saw the first series and some of the second and just got bored. Too much of the same thing repeated. I can see the appeal but it got dull for me.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I read 3 or 4 of the books and got really fed up with the introduction of so many new characters, reading pages of their back stories/family histories etc only for most of them to die in the next chapter.

Don't ever read Robert Jordan's The Wheel of Time then he introduces some many characters and sub plots you have no idea what the hell is going on. It does seem to be a trait of American Fantasy where they have this obsession with creating a promising universe and then completely getting lost up their own butt .
Having said that I do enjoy GoT for the hours escape from the du drum of normal life but I also understand the criticism.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Wizards and dragons and incestuous rape, hmmm yeah think I'll pass too.

There are no wizards, and magic is thought to be a myth. dragons don't really count since for most of GOT they are the size of a football. And I can think one one instance of incestual rape.

You should probably watch the show before simply dismissing it. There is a reason it's a more popular show than the sopranos and Breaking Bad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here