Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is the iPhone 6 just too SLIPPY?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I am moderately clumsy but not a complete klutz by any means. I've managed to have an iphone since the 3 came out without ever dropping it or cracking the screen. That is until I got the 6.

I have now dropped it four times. On none of those occasions have I been drunk - in fact I have had one bottle of wine in a week and a half. The third one caused a small crack in the top corner but the fourth has just cracked it all over the shop.

I know a good repairer round the corner though I expect it will cost me a few quid but I am baffled at my treating of this most expensive and technologically advanced device like wet soap. I have come to the conclusion that it is too shiny/slippy and too thin.

Am I mad or are you all dropping yours so to speak?

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
The Samsung Galaxy 6 is also very slippery.

The solution is to get a case.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
There isn't an iPhone user in existence that hasn't dropped their phone from at least a minimal height over the course of their ownership.

The difference is, there are those who are aware of the ever-present dangers and who prepare accordingly by buying a case, and there are absolute MASOCHISTS like yourself that just want to watch the world burn.

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....
I am not a complete klutz by any means.

Are you sure about that? :wink:

I have come to the conclusion that it is too shiny/slippy and too thin.

You hit the nail on the head here because the iPhone 6 / 6+ is too thin. It's a case of form over function. The last iPhone I had was the 4S which was chunky and was nice to hold. That's why I now have a Sony Xperia Z2 as it's a chunky, nice to grip phone. I don't feel I'm going to lose it just by holding it unlike the iPhone 6 / 6+.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
There isn't an iPhone user in existence that hasn't dropped their phone from at least a minimal height over the course of their ownership.

The difference is, there are those who are aware of the ever-present dangers and who prepare accordingly by buying a case, and there are absolute MASOCHISTS like yourself that just want to watch the world burn.

Cases are for pussies.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I have a 6+ and every one all the way back & never broken any, a case ruins the classic English design of the product. Only an idiot would stick some 4 by 2 round the sides of a Ferrari so why with am iPhone?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Are you sure about that? :wink:

Not JAMIE levels.

You hit the nail on the head here because the iPhone 6 / 6+ is too thin. It's a case of form over function. The last iPhone I had was the 4S which was chunky and was nice to hold. That's why I now have a Sony Xperia Z2 as it's a chunky, nice to grip phone. I don't feel I'm going to lose it just by holding it unlike the iPhone 6 / 6+.

QED

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
It really baffles me that so many mobile phone reviewers, make such a song and dance about the finish on the back of a phone. So many of them particularly hate plastic backs. However no one ever faced a large repair bill, because the back of their phone got marked or scuffed - I rest my case (rather roughly on the nearest uneven surface)

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
I've owned iPhones since they came out and IMHO the iPhone 6 is the worst for 'slipperyness'. Dropped & smashed my first one two days after launch and have done it again twice, the latter one after spunking nearly fourty quid on a genuine Apple case.

It still caused a small crack in the screen near the home button. Despite both the phone and the protective case being genuine Apple products, unsurprisingly Apple deny any liability whatsoever.

If I were to add up how much I've actually spent on every iPhone & iPad that I've bought, it's in the thousands. Yet it means absolutely nothing to them.

I guess I've got 'mug' written on my forehead in some proprietary, invisible UV Apple iInk.

Or more likely I really was a mug Apple wise.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
official-htc-one-m8-dot-view-case-grey-p43670-300.jpg

Love my HTC dot-matrix case. It slams shut the INSTANT its of my hand, screen is fully protected. Lots of nifty little interactive touches, games, notifications. Swipe up to answer a call, I don't even have to open the cover.

Its the FUTURE.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here