Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is the iPhone 6 just too SLIPPY?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I am moderately clumsy but not a complete klutz by any means. I've managed to have an iphone since the 3 came out without ever dropping it or cracking the screen. That is until I got the 6.

I have now dropped it four times. On none of those occasions have I been drunk - in fact I have had one bottle of wine in a week and a half. The third one caused a small crack in the top corner but the fourth has just cracked it all over the shop.

I know a good repairer round the corner though I expect it will cost me a few quid but I am baffled at my treating of this most expensive and technologically advanced device like wet soap. I have come to the conclusion that it is too shiny/slippy and too thin.

Am I mad or are you all dropping yours so to speak?

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
The Samsung Galaxy 6 is also very slippery.

The solution is to get a case.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
There isn't an iPhone user in existence that hasn't dropped their phone from at least a minimal height over the course of their ownership.

The difference is, there are those who are aware of the ever-present dangers and who prepare accordingly by buying a case, and there are absolute MASOCHISTS like yourself that just want to watch the world burn.

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....
I am not a complete klutz by any means.

Are you sure about that? :wink:

I have come to the conclusion that it is too shiny/slippy and too thin.

You hit the nail on the head here because the iPhone 6 / 6+ is too thin. It's a case of form over function. The last iPhone I had was the 4S which was chunky and was nice to hold. That's why I now have a Sony Xperia Z2 as it's a chunky, nice to grip phone. I don't feel I'm going to lose it just by holding it unlike the iPhone 6 / 6+.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
There isn't an iPhone user in existence that hasn't dropped their phone from at least a minimal height over the course of their ownership.

The difference is, there are those who are aware of the ever-present dangers and who prepare accordingly by buying a case, and there are absolute MASOCHISTS like yourself that just want to watch the world burn.

Cases are for pussies.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I have a 6+ and every one all the way back & never broken any, a case ruins the classic English design of the product. Only an idiot would stick some 4 by 2 round the sides of a Ferrari so why with am iPhone?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Are you sure about that? :wink:

Not JAMIE levels.

You hit the nail on the head here because the iPhone 6 / 6+ is too thin. It's a case of form over function. The last iPhone I had was the 4S which was chunky and was nice to hold. That's why I now have a Sony Xperia Z2 as it's a chunky, nice to grip phone. I don't feel I'm going to lose it just by holding it unlike the iPhone 6 / 6+.

QED

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
It really baffles me that so many mobile phone reviewers, make such a song and dance about the finish on the back of a phone. So many of them particularly hate plastic backs. However no one ever faced a large repair bill, because the back of their phone got marked or scuffed - I rest my case (rather roughly on the nearest uneven surface)

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
I've owned iPhones since they came out and IMHO the iPhone 6 is the worst for 'slipperyness'. Dropped & smashed my first one two days after launch and have done it again twice, the latter one after spunking nearly fourty quid on a genuine Apple case.

It still caused a small crack in the screen near the home button. Despite both the phone and the protective case being genuine Apple products, unsurprisingly Apple deny any liability whatsoever.

If I were to add up how much I've actually spent on every iPhone & iPad that I've bought, it's in the thousands. Yet it means absolutely nothing to them.

I guess I've got 'mug' written on my forehead in some proprietary, invisible UV Apple iInk.

Or more likely I really was a mug Apple wise.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
official-htc-one-m8-dot-view-case-grey-p43670-300.jpg

Love my HTC dot-matrix case. It slams shut the INSTANT its of my hand, screen is fully protected. Lots of nifty little interactive touches, games, notifications. Swipe up to answer a call, I don't even have to open the cover.

Its the FUTURE.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here