US police - still not learning

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
To be fair they are American .... one of the stupidest nations on Earth. Who else would have elected George W Bush or not controlled guns despite numerous random massacres ?

Well looky here we agree on something!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
To be fair they are American .... one of the stupidest nations on Earth. Who else would have elected George W Bush or not controlled guns despite numerous random massacres ?

Not well read, sensible people like the British who voted for Nigel Farage eh ?

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
US Police kill over 2 people a day according to the BBC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-32950383

They really are crazy figures! It must on par with our entire national murder rate... The US should sort out their own affairs before telling other countries how to sort theirs... Their policing and gun crime is way out of control.

Dec 15, 2014
Here
US Police are acting as they have for the life of the nation. It's the recording of these incidents that has increased with the increased technology. What people didn't know didn't hurt them unless they were the victims.

I feel that I am well known for NOT being a cops cop and therefore are called for cases such as this for a fair and impartial investigation.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
At least nobody was shot this time.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-33048176

Should they have their own sub-section?

Bit surprised at the crap reporting of the BBC on this,why not show the whole video where the teenagers can be seen running off when told to remain where they are and remaining where they are when told to leave the scene,including the girl in the bikini who was told twice to leave the area.

rough justice yes......but dont act like a dick and you wont be manhandled like that.
Ive seen much more forceful detention by british police on some of those British police shows.......nothing to see here!

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Terrible crimes that are committed on a daily basis by the US police forces go unpunished. It seems to be heading towards being an oppressive police state.

what terrible crime has been committed by the police here? the officer in question is suspended pending an investigation.he could well be punished but he hasnt gone unpunished has he? Do you have a list of soundbites and quotes you just copy and paste in the hope they might be mildly relevant?

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
If you think their OB are bad, you should meet their CBP officers. Costoms Border Patrol. I have to deal with them on a regular basis; a more arrogant, over officious, ignorant twunts you will never meet. I detest them with a passion normally reserved for that mob up the road.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Only saw the clip on telly, but surprise,surprise, white cop overreacting and pulling his gun.
What is it about Americans and guns?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Only saw the clip on telly, but surprise,surprise, white cop overreacting and pulling his gun.
What is it about Americans and guns?

I would start with their media. Nearly every Hollywood film or TV series has a lead character with a gun, the amount of gunshots in an average action film is ridiculous, then add in the number of (crap in my view) American cop shows where 100 rounds are fired every 3 minutes. The american public seem obsessed too, keeping a gun to 'protect' their home is mental. They* seem totally and utterly obsessed with guns.

* I am not stating all Americans of course, I am sure many of them are as disillusioned with the gun fascination as much as I am.

Dec 15, 2014
Here

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P

how would you control guns in the US if you were elected president? Where would you start? How would you police it?

theres plenty of other countries on earth with lax firearms laws, by our standards. no one ever cracks a note about them.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Bit surprised at the crap reporting of the BBC on this,why not show the whole video where the teenagers can be seen running off when told to remain where they are and remaining where they are when told to leave the scene,including the girl in the bikini who was told twice to leave the area.

You're missing the bit where the Officer was pointing a gun at them.

Dec 15, 2014
Here
how would you control guns in the US if you were elected president? Where would you start? How would you police it?

theres plenty of other countries on earth with lax firearms laws, by our standards. no one ever cracks a note about them.

It's not about laws. It's about constitutional protection.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
It's not about laws. It's about constitutional protection.

mate its not, its about an amendment to the constitution. where do i say laws. why the constitutional lesson? its so boring, discussing the constitutional aspect of US gun control. its a constitution that can be amended. like it was to allow this, or at least this interpretation. goodd luck to you that you know about the US constitution, now how do you take millions of guns off the streets if the law (sorry constitution) is changed?

any views on any other countries gun laws, or is everyones cultural tilt and world view so US centric? we sound like whiny jocks about the English.

Dec 15, 2014
Here
mate its not, its about an amendment to the constitution. where do i say laws. why the constitutional lesson? its so boring, discussing the constitutional aspect of US gun control. its a constitution that can be amended. like it was to allow this, or at least this interpretation. goodd luck to you that you know about the US constitution, now how do you take millions of guns off the streets if the law (sorry constitution) is changed?

any views on any other countries gun laws, or is everyones cultural tilt and world view so US centric? we sound like whiny jocks about the English.

You are correct. The US constitution could be changed. Do you know the hoops to be jumped through to get the constitution changed (and rightly so)? I'm not in any way an advocate for gun protection laws as are too many Americans.

polls_heston_3350_24403_answer_3_xlarge.jpeg

You've paid money to see Charlton Heston films, correct? Maybe you shouldn't? He was president of the NRA (National Rifle Association) for a period.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here