Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stephen Ward [Summer 2015 edition]

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
back in the running apparently according to the newsnow site

Jan 10, 2014
Well the thinking behind it will be......

Burnley have three left backs and one will have to go - Brighton wanted Ward once having had him on loan = Ward to Brighton.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
having him back would solve the L/B problem + he knows us well

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Good point,

maybe, but even if he had a broken leg and his head hanging off he would score more than all of the forward line we had last season:lolol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If he was any good wouldnt Eddie Howe try to get him back rather than waste money on Berbatov, as is being speculated.

Being good enough for a mid to lower Championship side and being good enough for the Premier League are two completely different things.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
maybe, but even if he had a broken leg and his head hanging off he would score more than all of the forward line we had last season:lolol:

and get booed while doing it, oh happy days.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just for clarity, are you comparing Vokes to Berbatov? Or have I read that wrong?

Somebody suggested us getting Vokes back and I would suggest as a financial aspect Howe would get as much from Vokes as he would from an ageing disinterested but possibly expensive wages wise Berbatov, not comparing their ability but VFM.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Somebody suggested us getting Vokes back and I would suggest as a financial aspect Howe would get as much from Vokes as he would from an ageing disinterested but possibly expensive wages wise Berbatov, not comparing their ability but VFM.
The main difference between them for that sort of financial comparison (for me anyway) is that Berbatov can win/change games with one of his 'moments' whereas it's less likely with Vokes.

If it's one or two of those moments that keep them up then financially it would have been an incredibly sound move.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Has he produced those moments lately as he didnt at Fulham very often. With Vokes you will get 100% commitment and effort and some goals which is very much the Howe way.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here