Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bent released by Villa... [...and signs for Derby]

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Derby, we have absolutely no chance imo. I know Chailey Jem will not agree with me but we cannot compete with them, even if we wanted him.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Might he be the sort of player in whom Bournemouth or Norwich might be interested?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
No chance.

After a false dawn with some rumours of a couple of wingers signing, our summer transfer dealings have reverted to the disappointment of recent transfer windows.

25 days until we jet out for the mountain training camp. Transfers in... nul.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
No chance.

After a false dawn with some rumours of a couple of wingers signing, our summer transfer dealings have reverted to the disappointment of recent transfer windows.

25 days until we jet out for the mountain training camp. Transfers in... nul.

We have one for the DS!

Is your signature correct? I thought Ince signed a contract extension...

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Darren Ben is an absolute class act at this level, more or less 25 goals guaranteed. Someone will break the bank to get him in, wishing it was us. Would show a real stateemnt of intent and boost flagging season ticket sales.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We have one for the DS!

Is your signature correct? I thought Ince signed a contract extension...

I hadn't heard of Ince's contract extension - it's possible I've missed news of it.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I'm sure we could tempt him with a player discount on the room rate at the on site hotel being built.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Might he be the sort of player in whom Bournemouth or Norwich might be interested?

This, to me, seems like a far likelier scenario to Derby. I recognise that Derby have announced an interest in Bent, but they've already got one out-and-out striker and, if they're going to persist with playing one up-front, this means that Bent might have to settle for coming off the bench, or playing out of position.
Neither of these criteria would apply with us (amongst others).

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
To blow mega bucks per week on a striker alone would be madness. Our issue also lies in getting the ball, keeping it and THEN creating with flair and strength before it even reaches the CF. £30k p/w or whatever and not addressing the other shortcomings, not for me.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Darren Ben is an absolute class act at this level, more or less 25 goals guaranteed. Someone will break the bank to get him in, wishing it was us. Would show a real stateemnt of intent and boost flagging season ticket sales.

I agree. Quality at this level and a proper old-school goal-snaffler. There's no guarantee Clement will be interested either so it could happen... But it won't.

PS. If it was aimed at us, I wouldn't describe season ticket sales a "flagging", we'll still be around 20k. In not, pay it no mind. :)

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Also released Enda Stevens who is a left-back, so maybe reduces the chances of getting Joe Bennett if we were interested.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
We've got more chance of signing Michael Owen.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast

Bet you texts like this sent about CMS a few years ago. In my view "Darren Ben" more likely to end up "Barren Bean" at Albion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here