Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Canada or China in Edmonton at 11:00 p.m. BST--women's world cup

Canada or China in first match of women's world cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dec 15, 2014
Here
Do the Canadians command in the Great White North while a good deal of the country is focused on Chicago and Tampa in Florida?

Or as the chinese might say "how you play with 'Blatter Out'?"

The Canucks have truly packed the stadium. Amazing for a country daft for ice sport.

Last edited:

Dec 15, 2014
Here
Must be Canada Day (actually July 1) because China hit both posts on a free kick.

My feeling is the Chinese are truly seeing red. The Chinese will score first but who has any idea how many balls will go to net or strike the post or cross bar.

The non-appearance of Sepp Blatter at the opening game has rather spoilt the spectacle - especially for those of us who remember his triumphant entry on to the Wembley pitch at the final of the 2012 Olympic Women's tournament, when he was roundly booed by 60,000 spectators.

Dec 15, 2014
Here
The non-appearance of Sepp Blatter at the opening game has rather spoilt the spectacle - especially for those of us who remember his triumphant entry on to the Wembley pitch at the final of the 2012 Olympic Women's tournament, when he was roundly booed by 60,000 spectators.

Too close to the FBI. They have offices in both Missoula, Montana and Spokane, Washington just south of Alberta.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
I would really like to watch and enjoy womens football, especially the world cup, but I'm struggling.
This opening game has been pretty dreadful and I suspect with 24 teams and a lot of group matches there could be worserer to come.

Hope Englands opener against France on Tuesday is a decent game.

Dec 15, 2014
Here
Watched the finish and the start of the hockey Stanley Cup in a Chicago Loop bar. Blackhawks are losing so the mood has been somber. I was probably the only one cheering for the Canadian goal until I heard a whooping and a hollering from the other end of the bar.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here