Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Found a BHAFC Dolphins pin badge in the garage ...

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Hi NSC,

Any chance anyone can help me out with some information please?

I have been clearing out my garage and come across some memorabilia I didn't even know I had. One being the below pin badge (if the picture has worked) I know we were once the Dolphins albeit well before my time.

So my questions are

Would anyone know an approximate date this may be from?
Does anyone know what worth (if any) it would have? (More out of curiosity as I assume it was my dads and as such would want to keep it)

Many thanks

5dfff4c2abca3c1e98430212559f897c.jpg

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
I would imagine value reasonably negligible. I picked up two 'BHAFC - The Dolphins' scarfs/scarves from a charity shop for 50p each a few years back. Circa 1975-1977 I would have thought - edit, actually badge looks a lot older than that.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I'd go for 75.

The Albion were looking for a nicjname as a previous one of 'Shrimps or Shrimpers' had fallen out of use or never really caught on. The club ran a poll (not sure if many bothered) and Dolphins came out the winner. Not a bad choice as Brighton was famous for the Dolphinarium, when such things were acceptable.

OK so far and badges, scarves etc produced but who should mess it all up but the pikeys from up the road. Palace had dropped into the 3rd div and we met them for the 1st time in years, with big crowds, excitement et al, and Eagles became countered by Seagulls and bye bye Dolphins.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Nice little find, I collect BHA pin badges and that isn't one I have got, not sure if the outside is tarnished or it's always been that colour.
A few different designs were produced with the Dolphins crest plastic insert, the metal surrounds were different though.
As other answers above 1975 sounds about right as the Albion had the Dolphins nickname from 74 until they were called The Seagulls in 77.

Hard to put a price on the badge, this type appear on EBay now and again and usually sell for approximately £10.

Not sure if your badge did look like this if it has tarnished.
image.jpg

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Thanks guys. Really appreciate the history around it as well.

Bn9 it probably is tarnished, I haven't looked in the boxes it was in since I moved in 6 years ago, and before that they were at my parents for about 3! No idea how it got in with GCSE certificates though

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
I Found one of these in a junk shop in Vancouver of all places about 10 years ago!

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
The Aldershot badge on my picture is from 1948 ,saw it on Ebay at £75 yesterday .Time to put mine on the market.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Too much pain and hurt too do that Cowfold:cheery::cheery: You end up with the hand your dealt :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Your right mate, we don't choose our teams do we?, they choose us, or should do if we are true fans.

I know you have had a few difficult years, but l hope it comes good for you again, sooner rather than later.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here