Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Luke Garbutt - Everton left-back

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I've never heard of him, so I searched his name and the first thing that came up was that Swansea want him. Next!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Not sure that I would describe Swansea or Bournemouth as 'bigger' things personally. Better paying yes, bigger...

Woooo Hooooo we have not had a "my clubs bigger than yours" binfest for a while......

Let's get this started...... Swansea I would say are bigger than us in history and tradition, Bournemouth No, but a few seasons in the Premiership and they are then on a par.....

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Woooo Hooooo we have not had a "my clubs bigger than yours" binfest for a while......

Let's get this started...... Swansea I would say are bigger than us in history and tradition, Bournemouth No, but a few seasons in the Premiership and they are then on a par.....

Allow me to take up the baton in this 'bigger club' binfest. To say that Swansea are bigger than us in history and tradition is a load of Toshack imho - 3-4k crowds at The Vetch, European qualification by virtue of playing in the Principality where even Cefn Druids A.F.C. could probably qualify for Europe if they could be arsed. Ignoring their League Cup win suits my purpose and hardly stacks up against a Charity Shield in the trophy cabinet and an FA Cup Final appearance, neither of which The Swans can boast. NEXT!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Destined for bigger things than us, alas.
bcdd77f50abfa9257e7b073db3852954d7f984c25bd1a75a95ae73d927e8001c.jpg

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Not sure that I would describe Swansea or Bournemouth as 'bigger' things personally. Better paying yes, bigger...

The Premier League. Would you describe the Premier League as a 'bigger thing' than The Championship?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Allow me to take up the baton in this 'bigger club' binfest. To say that Swansea are bigger than us in history and tradition is a load of Toshack imho - 3-4k crowds at The Vetch, European qualification by virtue of playing in the Principality where even Cefn Druids A.F.C. could probably qualify for Europe if they could be arsed. Ignoring their League Cup win suits my purpose and hardly stacks up against a Charity Shield in the trophy cabinet and an FA Cup Final appearance, neither of which The Swans can boast. NEXT!

errr we have had lower than 3k crowds and some terrible crowds at the Goldstone not counting Pissfield. I think they have also spent longer in the top division whatever it was called then or now.... also a win at a cup final be it league or FA Cup is still better than a runner up...... The only reason anyone remembers us at the final as hard as this maybe for stalwarts is that feckin miss......... that my friend is not a win or glory in defeat it was a feckin disaster.....

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
He's so good that when Leighton Baines was ruled out for the last few games, and they had nothing to play for, they chose to play someone other than Luke Garbutt.

I wouldn't be surprised if he joins a Championship club this summer.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
I've never heard of him, so I searched his name and the first thing that came up was that Swansea want him. Next!

Swansea have a very good left back currently in Neil Taylor, if he heads there Garbutt may have a similar problem to what he has at Everton currently -a bit part player who will play the odd cup game. What Albion can offer him is first team football, the value of that shouldn't be underwritten. Bournemouth on the other hand may be able to offer the same, so may prove to be a more attractive proposition. Also as he's under 24, Everton would be due some financial compensation.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Is bigger always better?

Sitting on the bench all season in the Prem or playing every game in the Champ. What's the best development path?

£10k a week, or £20k a week...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here