Jun 4, 2015

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I hope not.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I would be gutted as we need someone involved that can counteract our Managers and Assistant Managers insipidness.

He is a good young passionate coach and will do well as your manager if it comes about.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Currently helping coach the under 21s.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Jones would a good appointment IMO. Much better than Warnock at any rate.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I doubt he's in the frame for anything more than caretaker manager should CH leave or be sacked so I imagine it's a job that might interest him. He has gone down the pecking order having been assistant to Oscar and Hyypia, what's to keep him here if he has any ambition?

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I'd be happy for him if he got the job (or similar) but it'd be a shame to lose him.

I fully expect to see Jones get a lot more support/compliments in this thread than he would have got at the same time last year (you know, when a large quantity were slating him for no reason whatsoever). How times change!

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
It would be a decent appointment. I'm sure he would get a little hand from the Albion with a few loan players too.

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
Thought it was fairly common knowledge that he was being interviewed and is one of 6 short listed for the job.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hi all,

Argyle fan here. Had a trawl through and couldn't see anything on your site about this but anyway, Nathan Jones (your first team coach) is currently 5th favourite to take the vacant Argyle job on BetVic..

https://www.betvictor.mobi/sports/3/meetings/126456098/events/607184700/markets/51884568/outcomes

Don't know what you guys think of this..!

P.S. Obviously am new to this site so would a moderator be able to message me or something? Had an account problem!

If you appoint Jones, you may well get a gem of a manager. I think he will do well. He is at this stage, though, somewhat unproven.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I doubt he's in the frame for anything more than caretaker manager should CH leave or be sacked so I imagine it's a job that might interest him. He has gone down the pecking order having been assistant to Oscar and Hyypia, what's to keep him here if he has any ambition?

I would say that's about the way it is. If he has any ambition I would imagine the right opportunity elsewhere might be something for him to consider. Shame I guess, but I don't imagine he appreciated the demotion after CH's arrival.

Billy's Barndoor

May 26, 2015
Having only won one in eighteen games under Sami Hyypia, Jones took charge on an interim basis at the tale end of 2014. Despite only being in charge for 2 games, he showed good management skills to come back from 2-0 down to draw 2-2 at home to Reading; and then won 2-1 away to Fulham a few days later. He also won the U21 Development League 2 and the Kent Senior Trophy as manager of Charlton's U21s before he arrived here.

There's no doubt that he would be a risky option, but if I was a Plymouth fan I would be encouraged that we were being linked to a young, hungry manager - certainly compared to the archaic journeyman that is Colin Wan...

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Couldn't blame him if he wanted a shot at being the head gaffer. Probably a good bet as far as Plymouth are concerned.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'd like to see Nathan Jones get a chance as manager. I like Plymouth Argyle so this would be a great outcome. I'd also like Hughton to replace Nathan with a forwards coach as all of our coaches are former defenders.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
According to Virgo, Jones is fookin useless and has already reached his ceiling.
He said the guy was a one trick pony who wouldn't amount to anything.

Or words to that effect, in an appalling 'what I would do' hatchet job on the wireless.

With that in mind may I be the first to start

#futurewalesWCwinningmanager.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Having only won one in eighteen games under Sami Hyypia, Jones took charge on an interim basis at the tale end of 2014. Despite only being in charge for 2 games, he showed good management skills to come back from 2-0 down to draw 2-2 at home to Reading; and then won 2-1 away to Fulham a few days later. He also won the U21 Development League 2 and the Kent Senior Trophy as manager of Charlton's U21s before he arrived here.

There's no doubt that he would be a risky option, but if I was a Plymouth fan I would be encouraged that we were being linked to a young, hungry manager - certainly compared to the archaic journeyman that is Colin Wan...

2-0 actually

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here