I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Who's watching?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I will try and catch some of this, especially if England do well.

Obviously there will be a frightful amount of comedy goalkeeping in this tournament. I wonder if that woman who plays in goal for Rangers is going to be playing?

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
I will be GLUED to the telly. Young ladies and footy .... what's not to like!

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
May do. I have no problem watching womens sport. Watch a lot of tennis, but the womens grunting (Sharapova) really puts me off. Was watching some netball the other evening, interesting, I know nothing about the sport. Womens hockey is good.

My only problem with womens football is that it looks like it's in slow motion compared to mens.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It's a different game. They are capable of scoring some good goals, admittedly with some poor keeping attempts on some of 'em.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32865758

The free kick at 1.28 is superb, would beat most top level men's keepers I reckon.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I can't recall whether it's Sky or BT Sport but one of those channels is repeatedly showing an ad featuring the free-kick goal from the Notts County vs Arsenal game where the County team con Arsenal into thinking they're having an argument while the County striker bangs in a goal while everyone's standing around.

It just makes women's football look tin pot. What makes it worse it that the shot was going well wide until it was deflected and the scorer was ex-Arsenal but still celebrated against her old team like she was going crazy.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
I can't recall whether it's Sky or BT Sport but one of those channels is repeatedly showing an ad featuring the free-kick goal from the Notts County vs Arsenal game where the County team con Arsenal into thinking they're having an argument while the County striker bangs in a goal while everyone's standing around.

It just makes women's football look tin pot. What makes it worse it that the shot was going well wide until it was deflected and the scorer was ex-Arsenal but still celebrated against her old team like she was going crazy.

A damning indictment of the women's game indeed. The lapse of concentration by the goalie at the Goldstone Ground for 'sneaky' George Parris's goal would have provided additional fodder against the 'tinpot' women's game had both the aforementioned goalie and sneaky George himself both been ladies.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
A damning indictment of the women's game indeed. The lapse of concentration by the goalie at the Goldstone Ground for 'sneaky' George Parris's goal would have provided additional fodder against the 'tinpot' women's game had both the aforementioned goalie and sneaky George himself both been ladies.

I said it makes women's football look tin pot. That's not the same as saying it IS tin pot.

By dint of it being on the ad this is the most-watched bit of women's football action in the UK this season. For those thinking about whether or not to watch some of the World Cup this 'taster' doesn't do the women's game any favours. I'm not against the women's game - good luck to them. To be honest, I'll probably stick to the cricket.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here