Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Transfer deadline day - Premier League sets deadline at 6pm

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What Sky wants Sky gets.

Ticker running all day, 'in depth analysis' (*cough*) all evening.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
What Sky wants Sky gets.

Ticker running all day, 'in depth analysis' (*cough*) all evening.

i'd have thought 9-10pm with lots of punditry, suspence and faux-drama would suit Sky here. 6pm is all over by time most people have got home.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
We can of course only pray that Harry Redknapp has a new last job in football by that point.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
It may be a sensible decision but that doesn't make it the most entertaining one. I personally enjoy the late finish as it is, whereas this'll mean an evening (if so inclined) of watching dull people doing 'analysis'.

Presumably the FL will follow suit to match up with the PL overlords?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Jim White had already made plans for the evening of the 1st so their only option was to bring the deadline forward.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Shame.

I rather enjoy waiting for the news of what time that the lights have been turned out at the Amex.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
We can of course only pray that Harry Redknapp has a new last job in football by that point.

I reckon he would be the 'been there, done that' studio 'expert' for the Sky mob on Deadline Day. Maybe they could mock up a car door for him to hang out of in the studio :lol:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I read somewhere that it's more to do with registrations for the European matches than Sky (for once) as deadline day is on the 1st because of the Bank Holiday.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
The cut off time isn't that important to me. I've always enjoyed the hooded mongs aspect of deadline day. This has now gone with reporters being moved inside the stadium, hasn't it?

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I read somewhere that it's more to do with registrations for the European matches than Sky (for once) as deadline day is on the 1st because of the Bank Holiday.
This - I thought it was always the case (at least recently) that if the deadline day is on a Bank Holiday then it actually takes place the day after and closes at 18:00.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
It's all over hyped shite anyway and fack all happened in the last deadline day....After that debacle I'm not surprised they've changed it.

Bloody embarrassing

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here