Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Frankfurt

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
On Monday, I arrived in Franfurt for a six week stay - never been here before, have no idea what to do...

NSC, over to you...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's one of the dullest places I've been to. I'd suggest going somewhere else. Sorry

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I had a great time in Frankfurt during the 2006 World Cup. But then again I was at the World Cup. I remember some lively bars around the square and some dodgy but good ones near the main station. It's Germany, eat meat, drink beer, slap women on ze arsch!

scotjem

Oct 25, 2003
Glasgow
This was in the Standard last month:

What’s the one thing I should do while in Frankfurt, to make me feel like a local?
Visit Sachsenhausen – renowned for its small stores, cosy restaurants, authentic apple wine bars and traditional beer breweries.

I’ve got some down time during a busy day – how should I spend it in Frankfurt?
Enjoy one of the best-known and luxurious shopping streets in Germany, Goethestrasse, and also Zeil's shopping mile, which is loaded with department stores.

Do you have a favourite spot to see the setting sun in the city?
The view from the rooftop terrace of Main Tower, in the heart of the city. Frankfurt is surrounded by mountains which offer a fantastic backdrop.

Tell us about a hidden gem of Frankfurt that isn’t normally on the tourist trail.
Schwanheimer Forest, part of the Frankfurt Forest, one of Germany’s largest urban forests, is the home of deer and wild boars and perfect for an energising morning run!

Tell us your spot for an evening cocktail.
Any of the many terraces in Fressgass, which draw a lively crowd. Then take in the breathtaking skyline from a river boat.

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
On Monday, I arrived in Franfurt for a six week stay - never been here before, have no idea what to do...

NSC, over to you...

I work in Frankfurt and have lived in/ nearby for the last 12 years.. What do you enjoy/ want to see? Frankfurt does have a lot to offer, on a day like today, 35 degrees, then you can look at any of the bars by the river, or the beach club. During the day and weekends there is plenty to see in and around Frankfurt. Depends how far you want to travel/ what your interests are...
There is a lot of historical stuff around Frankfurt, like the Hessen Park and Limes ruins, walking etc, you have Taunus, some reasonably sized easily walkable mountains.. If you want more info drop me a Pm with your questions

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
I work in Frankfurt and have lived in/ nearby for the last 12 years.. What do you enjoy/ want to see? Frankfurt does have a lot to offer, on a day like today, 35 degrees, then you can look at any of the bars by the river, or the beach club. During the day and weekends there is plenty to see in and around Frankfurt. Depends how far you want to travel/ what your interests are...
There is a lot of historical stuff around Frankfurt, like the Hessen Park and Limes ruins, walking etc, you have Taunus, some reasonably sized easily walkable mountains.. If you want more info drop me a Pm with your questions

Thanks MitH, I'll PM you over the next couple of days. Cheers :thumbsup:

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
i work 20 mins from Frankfurt

but i recommend a day trip to Cologne if you have never been there before

or a short drive to Rüdesheim near Wiesbaden and a boat up the Rhine

http://www.welterbe-mittelrheintal.de/index.php?id=318&L=0

UNESCO Heritage Site : "The valley is considered the epitome of the romantic Rhineland thanks to a number of features. Here there are its sloping hillsides where wine growing still prevails and at the bottom of which quaint villages and towns are picturesquely perched on the narrow ledges along the river's banks and crowded around the mouths and banks of the Rhine's tributaries and side valleys."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here