Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Really positive...

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
...to see we are being linked with quality players, and that clearly the club are working hard to bring in players that will improve the squad/team. Nothing finalised for certain, but I sense progress is being made. Would you be happy as this as our starting team in August? And who should we bring in to fill the gaps?

Stockdale
Bruno Dunk New CB New LB
Jahanbaksh Kayal Ince/Stephens Murphy
Baldock New ST

Bench: New GK, Greer, Calde, Ince/Stephens, New AM, Lualua/March, COG

Personally, if we can actually bring in the players we are being linked with I will feel a lot better about our chances next season. Thoughts?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
...to see we are being linked with quality players, and that clearly the club are working hard to bring in players that will improve the squad/team. Nothing finalised for certain, but I sense progress is being made. Would you be happy as this as our starting team in August? And who should we bring in to fill the gaps?

Stockdale
Bruno Dunk New CB New LB
Baldock New ST

Personally, if we can actually bring in the players we are being linked with I will feel a lot better about our chances next season. Thoughts?

Baldock playing off Zamora with Murphy and AJ providing the crosses.............. In heaven :rave::love:

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
As has been said on here before, it's not generally the identification of players that has been our problem. It's been getting the ones that other clubs are after to sign.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I agree, not that we've actually signed anyone yet barring the Chelmsford lad.

People sniffing about the likes of Jamie Murphy (?) from Sheffield United because he's a League One player: many decent players have emerged from the lower leagues. If we didn't take a chance on players like him (assuming there is some legitimacy to the rumour) then people would be moaning that we never look at up & coming talent. There's plenty of players with ability down there, it's just a matter of identifying the right ones. Success doesn't always come from acquiring the big names.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Stockdale
Bruno Dunk New CB New LB
Baldock New ST

I THINK you'll be called a LICKER in some quarters :):):):):)

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I admire the positive outlook but this is what the club were doing last season. Grabban, Clayton et al spring to mind in players who we were 'interested' in but ended up going to other clubs. When we starts getting the deals done i'll be happier

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I THINK you'll be called a LICKER in some quarters :):):):):)

I just think we are all so fecking needy after the last few transfer windows that we are desperate to be positive at even the smallest glimmer of hope :lolol:

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
I just think we are all so fecking needy after the last few transfer windows that we are desperate to be positive at even the smallest glimmer of hope :lolol:

Probably this tbh :lolol: I have been starved of quality signings for ages, couldn't help myself from posting.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I admire the positive outlook but this is what the club were doing last season. Grabban, Clayton et al spring to mind in players who we were 'interested' in but ended up going to other clubs. When we starts getting the deals done i'll be happier

True but not this early, those took place in the run up to deadline day

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
True but not this early, those took place in the run up to deadline day

Hopefully we get involved early before other clubs, unfortunately these type of stories aren't beneficial as other potential suitors will be alerted and we can't compete with clubs like Norwich and Celtic on the wage front.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
As has been said on here before, it's not generally the identification of players that has been our problem. It's been getting the ones that other clubs are after to sign.

I'd say our problems have been mainly turning decent players into shit ones. In recent years even Messi would have had his abilities coached out of him by The Albion.

Good to see the club being active and going for some good players.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Feels like lots of wingers

Jamie Murphy is not only a winger. He can play on both wings but he can also play through the middle and in the position just in the front of the strikers. He is a bit lightweight but has skill in abundance. Albion fans will love him if we can get him signed

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I agree, not that we've actually signed anyone yet barring the Chelmsford lad.

People sniffing about the likes of Jamie Murphy (?) from Sheffield United because he's a League One player: many decent players have emerged from the lower leagues. If we didn't take a chance on players like him (assuming there is some legitimacy to the rumour) then people would be moaning that we never look at up & coming talent. There's plenty of players with ability down there, it's just a matter of identifying the right ones. Success doesn't always come from acquiring the big names.

Derby County last 2 seasons....:thumbsup:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

The Argus this morning have changed their tack on Iranian Ali and are now saying we are in "hot pursuit". At least we seem to be showing some intention.

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
a tad optimistic with all those "new" players.
we definitely do not need a new reserve goalie,very impressed with Walton.
It is very nice to see our weakness in wide positions is being targeted thou.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here