Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Moody London locations?

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
OK so I am meeting up with the cast of my film on Sunday in central London to get some publicity stills for a big national PR push next week.

My knowledge of London is not great.

Are the any good gritty locations where we could shoot in relative peace and quiet?

Cheers all.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
The footpath along the north of the Thames from Tower of London, heading west is always a hoot early morning, especially weekends :thumbsup:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
OK so I am meeting up with the cast of my film on Sunday in central London to get some publicity stills for a big national PR push next week.

My knowledge of London is not great.

Are the any good gritty locations where we could shoot in relative peace and quiet?

Cheers all.

The car park outside Smellhurst Park ???

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The footpath along the north of the Thames from Tower of London, heading west is always a hoot early morning, especially weekends :thumbsup:

Do you mean East? I ran around London quite early on a Sunday morning recently. across Tower Bridge from South to North and then headed back West alongside the Thames. From the Tower of London you have to come away from the Thames for a bit before you can get back down to it, but it didn't seem that dodgy at all, although I do remember waking up some homeless folk as I came stomping through at some point of that stretch.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Outside Smithfield market; Kentish Town; Elephant-ish; bits of Wandsworth; Archway; Side streets to the NE of Kings Cross....

rool

Jul 10, 2003
The railway arches and the dodgy nightclubs and pubs around Vauxhall station aren't all that pretty especially on the road leading to Kennington. There's plenty of s41tty 60s type developments, grotty little shops and a desolate park where there used to be a strip pub right in the middle.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Aylesbury estate dahn in Walworth, can probably do some shooting before anyone notices.

depends on what the image you want to portray, warehoues, decaying Edwardian estates, decaying post-war estates, railway arches, canals...

rool

Jul 10, 2003
In fact just a stone's throw away from Vauxhall station is the old BT building Keybridge House, if it's still there. Virtually abandoned and has a quiet railway arch right next to it in Miles St. You can go for a pint in The Vauxhall Griffin afterwards which is alright.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
The railway arches and the dodgy nightclubs and pubs around Vauxhall station aren't all that pretty especially on the road leading to Kennington. There's plenty of s41tty 60s type developments, grotty little shops and a desolate park where there used to be a strip pub right in the middle.
The queen anne ?? :lolol::lolol:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Fournier Street between Spitalfields and Brick Lane. Fantastic old houses, Used to get used a lot for historical dramas featuring horse drawn carriages. Very peaceful, think it might even be closed to traffic.

Else maybe the Greenwich Foot Tunnel under the Thames?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here